HybridZ

Moved into my NEW garage!!

ZR8ED

I've been pretty busy this summer selling and buying another home. Its been a lot of work, and I have not had much time to work on the Z. But I think its worth the sacrifice. I finally got my two car garage!!!! Its been almost 20 years of waiting, but my Z finally has some serious room. No yard tools, no kiddie toys, no bikes. Only my work benches, tools and car parts are allowed in this garage. I hope to have it all cleaned up and sorted out before it gets too cold out. I won't likely have time to paint the epoxy floor, so I will have to wait till spring. This pic does not do it justice. It was in very dark/dirty condition.

I cleaned everthing, painted the walls and ceiling and the shelving. Took out a ton of junk and wood and junk shelving. I still have lots of work to do, but I did manage to get the stereo system and tv setup to keep me entertained while continuing to clean and sort the garage.

Ok this post is useless without pics...

Garage.jpg

DSC06563.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

wow 20 years of waiting to even get it like that?! eek... that's a helluva along time man.

But congrats on finally getting some breathing space for the Z in there, she looks nice and cozy now.

I use a 3 car garage and park her in there at an angle lol.

Isn't awesome to get another space in the garage?!? I went from a packed two car garage to a packed three car, BUT I have space for my Z and then some :mrgreen: I want to epoxy the floor too, but every time I look at all the junk, I go to the garage fridge and drink a beer--the feeling begins to go away...

Nice! Looks like you Z is 'nesting' it's so comfy :2thumbs:

Congrats on the new garage.

Davy

LOL! Yep, went from 2 to 3. Could have built it bigger but didn't, :emo:, was cheap at the time and wish I did. Still 24 x 35 but.....

Congrats man!

My next house will have a 4 - 6 car garage finances permitting!

Isn't awesome to get another space in the garage?!? I went from a packed two car garage to a packed three car, BUT I have space for my Z and then some :mrgreen: I want to epoxy the floor too, but every time I look at all the junk, I go to the garage fridge and drink a beer--the feeling begins to go away...

Nice! Looks like you Z is 'nesting' it's so comfy :2thumbs:

Congrats on the new garage.

Davy

Very nice.

I'm looking at houses right now, and have been for the last 5 months.. geez..

BIG garage is right up there on my list.

Theres a place near my house that has a huge garage (2 story, 4 cars deep) its about twice the size of the house and is connected to the side. Thats what Im gonna get when I have to buy a house...

Well for the first 17 years of Z ownership, I didn't have a garage. I paid to store it in the winter, and I would borrow my parents garage if I needed to do more serious work. Well two years ago I got my first garage, and had some fun with it. It was a one car garage, but I cleaned it up, insulated it drywall, paint, mezzanine storage, epoxy floor. It was a great little garage.

DSC01083.jpg

Now I feel like I'm in heaven. Matress and ping pong table not withstanding. I did some more work out there last night, but once those items are removed, it will really open up.

BTW its insulated (garage door too!) I hope my heater will heat it up as well as it did in my last garage. I still need to put in the floresent lighting too, as the lighting is not great (way better since I painted the room white!) My wife is asking if I'm keeping the rest of the garage empty for another Z or a lounger seating area! Well...I do watch movies out there while tinkering around! I like the sound of another z though!

I figured the mattress and box springs just meant you were moving in with the car! :icon54:

You'll love it. I know how you feel as I went through a similar deal with the first 15 years with my car. When we moved two years ago we bought a place that has a big barn. It has a 3-car garage on the front for all the normal garage stuff. A single car garage we turned into a storage shed and an RV garage I keep all my yard equipment in on the end and then on the backside is the two-car garage that is insulated, has a propane gas heater with a 250 gallon tank and a sink. My wife, what a sweetheart, when we got our Direct TV had a converter and a 27" TV put into the garage for me to use when I'm out there.

Nice!

I currently have a single garage which is 'nice' but we are planning the next house to have a double wide with a tandom to get us 3 indoor spots. I'll basically live in the garage if we can manage that :)

Expoxy on the floor is AWESOME, if you can get it done do it. We had/did ours last spring and its fantastic. We ground thetop off to get a clean surface, epoxy primer, expoxy basecoat, paint flecks, clear expoxy top coat. Looks awesome and is in destructable. I've dropped jack stands and not hurt it!

• 1 year later...

Well its been two years now, and I finally finished (yea right) the garage. Built a new smaller workbench (on the side), made cabinets from the plain shelves, built a covered cubby for the aircompressor (insulated to keep it quiet) built two small mezzanines for the winter tires (above the garage door) painted everything white, and finally...finally..epoxy painted the floor.

Here it is sans the cars. They have been covered up in the driveway for the last two days while the floor dries.

smallpic.jpg

Wow, it's looking almost too organized now. ;) Nice work, especially the floor. I shudder to think about having to do the same to mine.

I finally moved my shelving around (I have those Gorilla shelves) so I have enough room to truly work on the car. The car comes first, then the walls & floor.

Davy

That looks great. I just bought a bigger home with a 25 x 30ft garage attached to the basement. It's a mess from the move but i'm looking forward to organizing things and doing the floor. Really nice setup you have for sure.

Which epoxy flooring product did you use and how did you like it? I'm trying to decide which one to buy.