HybridZ

Fired it up today.......

I posted this under Our new project, but just in case no one was following it or has already looked at it. I decided to post it here.

Finished everything this morning. Jerry came by after lunch and we poured 5 gal. of Alky in her. Primed her with race gas and fired it up. She breathed life long enough for me to set the timing. We shut it down and was just amazed at how the torque / power felt and sound.

I told Jerry we better start building the other Z. I think we are going to rip this one apart.

Below is the link to a video I took after checking everything out from earlier. It is a 30meg video some right click on the link and save as.

http://www.jnjdragracing.com/alky/firingitup.mpg

After watching it I noticed stuff falling off the shelves, this thing is awsome. It shakes my shop etc.....

Can you hear the Power......:burnout:

John

Hello Dale,

Will probably be in two weeks. Of course I have to work all next weekend, so can't go then. So it will be the weekend after, Will take it to Midlands drag strip. It is a 1/8 mile track, hooks up descent. It is a small back woods track so Jerry can do some practicing. It is going to be different. Probably will do a roll through burnout this time and take of easy and lay into it gradually to see what happens. It sounds and feels like a lot more power than I was anticipating. I guess we will see.

John

Loud? I'll say its loud. Thing were falling off the wall in the background. Awesome guys, I sure hope the Z can handle all that. When are you planning its maiden run?

It is a 1/8 mile track...It is a small back woods track so Jerry can do some practicing. It is going to be different. Probably will do a roll through burnout this time and take of easy and lay into it gradually to see what happens...

I had to read this twice; it sounds suspiciously like a back road or business park :mrgreen:

Riiiight.... a "back woods" track :lmao:

Davy