HybridZ

Stupid question time....

I think LSx engines will fit physically, but Corvette engines are fly-by-wire so you'd need the gas pedal assembly too, and that might present a whole different set of issues. As for mounts, you can fab your own. I made mine using the instructions from the jeromio.com page. Lots of guys here make a new front crossmember and then use biscuit mounts. Do a search on LS1 engines and look at some of the older posts...

Ok, cool, thx. Actually, I saw that LS engines were e-throttles (which I'll be honest, pisses me off :o), but Holley makes a drop in TB replacement that converts it to cable. Sure, it's expensive, but I'd pay that to get a cable throttle on it.

Mounting the gas pedal and hooking it up is much easier/less expensive than fabbing up a cable linkage and buying a new TB. There are 4 wires out of the PCM to the pedal assembly.

mike

Mounting the gas pedal and hooking it up is much easier/less expensive than fabbing up a cable linkage and buying a new TB. There are 4 wires out of the PCM to the pedal assembly.

mike

The PO of my Z actually converted it to run cables already :o. I'll take a look at switching the Z to electronic, but to me having a cable linkage is one more thing that makes the car easier to maintain, since it's easy to tell if a cable link isn't working, while on a e-throttle if it goes bad it could be hard to figure out why.

Also, I haven't liked the feel or response of any e-throttle I've ever driven :/

earlier ls1 are cable throttle mine is 99 commodore (or gto) over there i was of the belief that camaros and earlier ls1 were all cable throttle might be wrong but know was easy to install cable on mine as had already changed to cable for holley 600 on previous v8 install

mick

Ok, cool, thx. Actually, I saw that LS engines were e-throttles (which I'll be honest, pisses me off :o), but Holley makes a drop in TB replacement that converts it to cable. Sure, it's expensive, but I'd pay that to get a cable throttle on it.

LS1's through 2001 in f-bodies were cable TB's, the newer ls1's in the gto's are TBW. LS6's are TBW and pretty much every LS based engine now is throttle by wire. Throttle response isnt any different to me, i have driven both. I swaped my z to a cable so i could run a fast 90/90 set up that i had. How much is a holly cable throttlebody? Id look into either a nick williams, or a FAST throttle body.

IMO, an ethrottle is comparable to an automatic transmission... It's a sports car; I'd rather make the decisions.

Decisions, what decisions?

That's like saying you'd rather open the door and drag your foot to slow the car down than using hydraulic brakes.

I currently own 3 different vehicles with TBW. I couldn't tell if they did or didn't have TBW by driving them, only from looking under the hood.

mike