HybridZ

My basement build- Tons of pics. :) 56k beware!

janaka

Well after a long process I completed my basement build :)

Additions include: Dry Bar, Billiards set up, TV, Audio and foundation repair.

Pictures of the process and completed project.

The first part of the build was starting the bar. First thing we did was build in a subwoofer box into the new wall that was built. Two 12" EQHS subs from Elemental Designs in a ported box. Cool part of it was that we ported the box through the wall into the billiards room. Turned out awesome. Powered by by 350w @ 4ohm.

barrenos003.jpg

barrenos005.jpg

barrenos006.jpg

barrenos007.jpg

barrenos009.jpg

New wall built on sub box

barrenos011.jpg

Drywall on new wall

barrenos013.jpg

Mudding all drywall

barrenos016.jpg

barrenos017.jpg

Paint on walls :)

barrenos021.jpg

New pot lights wired in

barrenos024.jpg

Laminate floors

barrenos027.jpg

barrenos028.jpg

Cabnits and carpeted sub box

barrenos030.jpg

barrenos032.jpg

barrenos036.jpg

Coffee and countertop

barrenos045.jpg

Wine Fridge

barrenos051.jpg

Slate tiles going in

barrenos053.jpg

barrenos054.jpg

barrenos055.jpg

Finished Product

breakage001.jpg

breakage002.jpg

breakage003.jpg

breakage007.jpg

can anyone name who's Yellow Datsun is with mine in the picture on the wine fridge?

breakage005.jpg

breakage006.jpg

Stunning work. Very nicely done and quite functional too! :D Me likey :2thumbs:

The bullnosing on the corners looks great and adds a touch of class. How good do the speakers sound? The more I look at this nice tasty fabbed wet bar, the more I like it...

Davy

I know exactly who's yellow S30 that is, I can even tell you the year AND engine that's in it. ;)

1972 240Z RB20DET swapped, owned by Jerryb. :D What do I win?

Looks like the picture was taken at Christie Lake Conservation area. If that's right do I get bonus points? :lol:

Looks like a fun place, so when's the next get together? :lol:

If two 4 ohm speakers are wired in series, it supplies an 8 ohm load, and many high-end receiver/amps are capable of running 4 ohm speakers... Just be careful, as an amp may have a "cosmetic" switch for 4/8 ohm, but not be truly capable of driving twice the power to the 4 ohm speaker.

don't most home theater/audio speakers and subs run at 8 ohms?? not 4?

These were two 2ohm drivers. Final load is 4ohm to the plate amp :)

With the 3 speakers in the room and the two subs its more than enough to annoy my neighbors while still having good sound quality :twisted:

When we bought the house the area that is the bar now was just a closet used for storage with mirrored doors. It was a no brainer to turn it into more usable room and put a bar in. We are very happy with how the project turned out in the end. Even more so that we (me, wife and neighbor) did ALL the work. My wife gets the credit for picking colours, materials and all that jazz. We are the most impressed with how the slate countertop turned out I think.

Six_shooter: JerryB it is! That was 2007 at Christie Lake. At that time I didn't even know he lived in Cambridge! I didn't know till just this year and I've had that blown up since Christmas. Pretty cool coincidence in the end! If the OZC guys are interested in having a winter party or something I'm sure my wife won't mind having a few people over for an evening here and there. We put this in to be used and not just looked at. I foresee many hours of enjoyment coming from the work!

Janaka,

Maybe I just have some really strange ideas, but I seriously thought I'd be seeing some pics of a Z-car being built in your basement! :rolleyes::lmao:

Very nice Man!! I wish I could come by and help enjoy it too. :bling:

LOL but then I'd have to tear the house down to get it out...where's the fun in that? I don't think my wife would appreciate that too much...lol

Thank you for the compliments!

ah just curious..

i'm researching a new home theater system now..

I had to ask!!

everything looks great!! im jealous!

No problems at all. I have my entire main HT set up from Elemental Designs. TOP notch speakers. I paid about 1/2 of what my neighbor did on his and it blows his away.

http://elementaldesigns.com/ is their site IIRC

Great forum for information and to ask questions. I HIGHLY recommend checking it out. I drove 12hrs to pick my stuff up from them directly if that tells you something about it!

Looks great man! That sub must really slam in that huge enclosure and relatively small room (for that much sub).

I like the rounded edges on the walls, how did you do that?

Evan

You can actually buy the rounded corners at Home Depot and they basically mud in like a normal corner. Lots of attention needs to be paid while mudding... I personally can't build a mud pie so George my neighbor (with a 300zx Z31 nevertheless) did them. He's an all-star handyman.