HybridZ

Automotive styled home furniture & property decoration..

BRAAP

• Administrators

I’m sure some of you have some very creative automotive theme home furnishings. Well lets see it!?!?!?!

Rusty junk in the front yard does not count. Must be purposefully creative :wink:

Here are some examples I saw elsewhere, these are NOT mine….

Furniture006.jpg

Furniture002.jpg

Furniture004.jpg

48truck165.jpg

I've seen a similar concept to the tp the block coffee table above, it was a little nicer though, maybe it was just the lighting. They used 4 pistons with connecting rods to support the glass, which looked very cool.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get the GF to let me do the same thing. :mrgreen::lol:

the rotor topped legs look pretty cool. :)

The best looking engine coffee table I have ever seen was a F1(or LM?) Cosworth V8--the whole shebang, belts, pulleys, everything--advertised in Autoweek two decades ago.

I think it is man-cave cool and too good for my house. *sigh* I'd love to have one, though.

Davy

I don't know why, but this thread screams, "You know your a redneck when....you make furniture out of car parts!"

Not that there is anything wrong with being a redneck! :mrgreen::redface::shock:

Sorry, my wife is an interior designer, she would have a fit if I ever tried to theme our house this way.

I've got two end tables i made from some never-mounted Enkei tuner wheels we had laying around when i worked at Saturn. I got the glass from Bed, Bath, and Beyond of all places, and used some little stick-on rubber feet to keep them from slipping around. I want to paint my two remaining Western Cyclone wheels black and make two more, but I never seem to find the time.

wheeltable1.jpg

when my cell phone decides to finally send the other picture to my email i'll post the other one since it's a different model wheel.