HybridZ

Coilover identification

Search "coilovers" and see what you come up with. The middle one is Arizona Z Car, or looks like it. You can zinc plate the strut housings if you want the bling.

You should search before you post, and post in the right forum. This is a brakes, wheels, suspension, and chassis post. Moving.

Also, please use a descriptive title so that people don't have to open your post to see what it is about. You'll see when you start searching that a descriptive title saves a hell of a lot of time. Changing title.

Okay I like coilovers and all but, how would I go for racing suspension kits? By racing i mean, being able to adjust: bound, rebound, suspension travel, angle of struts, and a spring kit that can go with a soft dampening on the struts to make it drivable on the street or track. If Arizonazcar has these, are you sure?:roll:

and a spring kit that can go with a soft dampening on the struts to make it drivable on the street or track. If Arizonazcar has these, are you sure?:roll:

Search AZC suspension. I know there is atleast two guys on here running it. Dave something is one of them. John already posted a link to Beta Motorsports, they have alot of strut options too. This should keep you busy for a while. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=138601

By racing i mean... a spring kit that can go with a soft dampening on the struts to make it drivable on the street or track.

That's an odd definition of "racing". That seems more like an appropriate definition of "street/race" or "dual purpose". In my 8 years of autoxing experience with a dual purpose Z and with friends who had dual purpose 510s, I can tell you that dual purpose cars do neither thing exceptionally well. One of the main distinctions that can be made between a street Z and a race Z is the spring rates used. A spring rate that controls roll to an appropriate degree for use with large racing slicks is just not streetable in my opinion. If you look around here you'll see people running into this wall. The latest is Heavy85: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=139653. Note this post from Dan in particular:

...I put the Hoosier A6 tires on in May and now have about 50-60 runs on them. This set of tires is wearing very well compared to the two previous sets that I had on the car (Hoosier A3S04' date=' and Kumho V700). The outside edge has gotten just slightly rounded, but not bad. I plan to flip them on their rims and swap sides before my next event in two weeks. I should be able to get better than 100 runs on this set of tires if the wear stays consistent.

I think the main reason why this set of tires is wearing so much better than my previous tires is that I went with a much stiffer set-up. The car previously had 200 lb/in front and 250 lb/in rear springs with a 1" front sway bar, and now has 450 lb/in front and 425 lb/in rear springs with a 20mm front sway bar...[/quote']

On to adjustable shocks: The thing about adjustable shocks is that you really need to know what the adjusters do, and on most of them, you're just guessing. Here is a good primer on race quality shocks: http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html.

You're right about me guessing. And you're right about the "dual purpose" too. I realize that I cannot possibly get a car that can compete while having a car that I can drive to go compete. However, I know it must be possible somehow to make a car that is capable of "dual purpose." I am a bit of a newb. But I took a brakes, steering, and suspension class. I know a few things about suspension so I wont have to stare blankly at replies made. There is one thing I am unsure about, Can Suspension affect the understeer or oversteer of a car? and another question, Is there a suspension out there that is mainly for street (able to handle bumps without cracking the frame) and dually for track but only as a secondary (stiff enough to handle corners with ease)? Basically I want a suspension that is good for a daily driver but is able to handle the track for the weekends :D.