HybridZ

240sx TPS Wiring

jacob80

Hey guys, we did a 60mm TPS swap and are using the TPS off that, but I am not sure exactly how to wire it up. I know there are 2 connectors that come off the TPS with a total of 6 wires between them combined, but the megasquirt only requires the 5 Vref, signal and ground, which the ground is grounded to the engine, but where do the others go? The two connectors consist of one coming out of the box itself and one you plug into the port on the front, but then where? Thanks!

Yeah, we do have the relay board. We haven't begun the wiring hell, but I'm just preparing here. Here is what I mean:

240sxtpsik8.jpg

On the 4,5,6 numbers, we have the connector for that, but are these the three wires that go to the relay board, or is it the ones coming out of the box itself? If so, what do we do with 4,5,6?

Yeah, we do have the relay board. We haven't begun the wiring hell, but I'm just preparing here. Here is what I mean:

240sxtpsik8.jpg

On the 4,5,6 numbers, we have the connector for that, but are these the three wires that go to the relay board, or is it the ones coming out of the box itself? If so, what do we do with 4,5,6?

Hi,

1,2,3 are for the variable throttle position (MS uses this), 4,5,6 are for idle and 1/3+ throttle, you will probably find that the 1/3+ is not connected internally,

Nigel

9711_thumb.attach

The info I posted was from the sticky install guide and I thought that answered the question, but now it seems to me it is not clear enough. I will change it as follows if this sounds better to you guys.

from the guide:

My 240sx TPS has 3 wires coming out of it to a seperate connector. These wires are connected to the relay board as follows:

Red to Vref

White to TPS

Black to TPS ret

Should I change it to read:

My 240sx TPS has 3 wires coming out of it to a seperate pigtail connector as well as a connector built onto the TPS sensor. The connector on the TPS sensor does not plug into anything. The wires that come out to the pigtail are connected to the relay board as follows:

Red to Vref

White to TPS

Black to TPS ret

Ok, so we just leave the 3 point connector input exposed and dont connect anything? What WAS this connection used for?

4,5,6 are for idle and 1/3+ throttle (switch)

as I said above, I would thing it's used for the older ECUs, my MR 30 ECU uses both of these (4,5,6).

Nigel

Ok, so we just leave the 3 point connector input exposed and dont connect anything? What WAS this connection used for?

The Pigtail connector (123) is used on the 89 single cam ka24e, This is where you can get this connector. Im pretty sure that the other one (456) is used on the KA24DE. I remember this because when i got my TB i remember knowing i needed that plug and couldnt find one. Then i found one this weekend on a single cam 240sx