HybridZ

For all you Budget RB-Zer's

jakeoster

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to find out what car for sure it came out of, the B210s seem to be carbureted only. Its an inline 4 fuel injected Nissan "Z" engine with a little plenum and everything. Its a Datsun hatchback. I am starting to get the impression that it might have been an engine swap from like one of those mini trucks or something. So if anyone has any idea, we'd all like to know. Yeah I need to chop down my radiator hose lol.

Have any of you guys tried putting a KA240sx radiator in? Everything practically lines right up in the s-chassis.

Like an aftermarket koyo or a Mishmoto, which runs only about 225 bucks and is HUGE, not to mention shiny and pretty, its great for an engine bay dress up too.

Great find though out of the Junkyard, I used to do the same thing with some local yards that are pick and pull yourself so they would just let us walk through and find whatever we wanted, it was great for finding gems like this that can save lots of $$ in a swap.

And not to mention its always interesting what you find in junkyards

Yeah Im still looking to find out what car it is, ill try to get it for you guys. The bottom hose is an RB25 hose and fits nicely but the top one is one I hacked up because I didnt receive that one with my engine. Im sure the RB25 one would fit much better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

82-83 200sx NAPZ 2.2L M/T

I just pulled one from a car to verify. Looks like it may work for a stock RB swapper, but not for modified RBers. This should work to get me going until I I get a wild hair.

The only thing you forgot to post was the part numbers for the radiator hoses you used. Now I have to figure that out on my own...

The radiator places can get them the are a day out here in Sacto, but they are 200bucks plus... money wiser spent on a custom radiator that better suits any future needs.

Hoses that I used.

The closest I found were as follows:

Goodyear hoses

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=GOO&MfrPartNumber=S62225

UPPER - 62225

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=GOO&MfrPartNumber=XL62300

LOWER - 62300

As per the next post yes the holes need to be elongated to mount the radiator. I flattened the hanging flanges and rebent them in a different spot to get them to hang just right as well. I will have some pics of my own shortly.

Thanks for digging these up. I picked up radiator from my local junk yard. $50, and it appears to be in nice condition. I had to elongate the holes in the radiator support a bit to make it fit. I'm going for an OEM look, so plain old rubber hoses is what I need, and like you, I don't want to buy OEM.

Pete

That's kinda weird. Early 510 no way. Maybe the 80's 510? I have a 510 and have seen many early 510 from 68-73 and not seen this radiator. If it came out of the early one then it was a swap and I have heard of putting the NAPZ in the 510, but the radiator would be a hard fit. So my guess is it was a later style 510 or a swap. The radiator I have looks Identical to yours and after digging through books of replacement radiators its the only one I found that matches. You will run across even less 510s from the 80s than you will 200sx though...

I looked up the Nissan Hardbody and Pathfinder have a single pass aluminum that is about the same size, but it comes with a trans cooler internal. Some of the listings say that the late 720 pickups came with this same radiator. I believe the 720 pickups with the NAPZ or other motors would work as per the listings I have seen so far. BUT you might dig in a wrecking yard first to find a m/t truck cause they can only be ordered with the cooling as far as I have found.

Sorry I spent like 2 hours digging through radiator replacement books trying to find a 100USD+/- 40USD replacement radiator for my stock 260z radiator.

On a side note I pressure tested my system and it works great. I still have to replace the CT sending unit so my guage will work. I need to post that in Chris Rummels thread though.