HybridZ

single weber intake manifold

bigblock502

I have a single 2-barrel carb manifold that I took off of a stock JDM L26 motor. I'm thinking of using it to simplify an LPG fuel conversion. Adapters for Weber 32/36 carbs to substitute for stock Hitachi carb are plentiful as they fit L18 and L20B intakes as well.

PM me if you want to buy this manifold, it would make a great economy set-up for an early Z car.

DAW

Thanks for the info guys. Do yall know of anyone who has/is running this intake? I'm considering either using a turbo or raising the compression via F54 flat top/N47. I'm wondering if it is suitable for either of these applications. I also have the stock fuel injected intake for the N47 which is a possibility if i use larger injectors, etc. I don't know if the single carb can handle the fuel requirements of large amounts of boost or compression.

You mean like this one?

DSC03303.jpg

Don't know much about it. It is on my 73 240z that I have for sale. Could only find one reference online to the stamp on the manifold, but no real info on it. From what I'm told this carb is the same or very similar to what came on some old datsun trucks and such.

I don't think I'd try to use it with a high compression or turbo setup.

JT

You can probably get it working in blow thru mode, if you make a pressure hat or something for it. It would be very, very interesting, i think. I don't recall anyone ever doing that on a Z, but maybe someone had done it on a truck or smaller car, this is pretty much just a 6 Cyl version of the L4 and Z4 single carb intakes.

it was an option that was availible on the 240z. maybe not an option but a available part

That's a myth, the 240 was never offered with anything other than the twin SU's anywhere in the world.

The manifold likely came off a Maxima, or any number of JDM Coupes and Sedans (Cedric, Gloria, Skyline, Leopard, etc).

The one to find, the one that is REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to find is the E32 Four-Barrel Manifold from the 67 Gloria.

You want 'cool piece rarely seen'? That Gloria Four-Barrel Manifold is it!

Tony is in love with that E32 manifold! I must admit, if I could find a cheaper one than the one we saw, it would be mine already and when I'm done with it , I'd sell it to him for only twice as much :D. (The value of the Australian dollar on the international scene at the moment means that finding anything 'cheaply' isn't going to happen for quite some time methinks....buggar!)

The two barrel intake manifold that is mentioned here is a later version of the E30 and P30 intakes seen on Cedrics, Glorias, Skylines et al , both JDM and other markets such as Australia.

The P45 intake is designed for L24's with smaller internal passageways than the larger P53 manifold which was on L28's. Runner diameters were 30 and 32mm's respectively. However, with some mods and matchporting (to 35mm's), this manifold (P53) could be used to produce good power.

I modified a P53 to accept a two and then a four barrel Holley carburettor with one then two adapter plates from Lynx. I used a rotary burr connected to a hand drill to smooth and streamline the internal passageways.

I guess the only problem with this setup is the height factor. The darn thing wouldn't fit under the hoodline of a stock Z with two adapter plates and a Holley 4bbl. You could, if prepared, cut a small hole in the bonnet and add a scoop. I never had this problem fortunately because my car has a much higher hoodline than the Z. (I'm lucky I guess! :wink:) But for a Weber or Holley/Motorcraft 2 barrel, it's not a bad setup if you're after something a little different and want it all sitting under the hood.

Datsun Nationals Goulburn Easter 2005 105_thumb.jpg

Datsun Nationals Goulburn Easter 2005 106_thumb.jpg

2 bbl mods 049_thumb.jpg

2bbl mods p53 4v_thumb.jpg

2bbl mods_thumb.jpg

And the other Engineer from Los Angeles is midway through his flight to Australia as we speak...

As I stew in my own Juices here in Nigeria...with a follow-on to Jakarta...if the French ever release me from this hell...

Missed another one, BUGGER!