HybridZ

Removing intake manifold off of turbo block

Boop

Yes i did search i got tired of looking through all the re posts so i didn't find what i was looking for.

all right, I'm in the process of dismantling my 83' turbo's engine. I took all the bolts off of the intake manifold off and the two on either end, are there any more bolts on it? I would look in my Chilton but i cant find the dang book.

also i wasn't sure but aren't these blocks called f54 blocks? for the turbo motor of course.

Best regards

-Jeff

You need to look at you exhaust manifold as well. Some of the exahust nuts share or hold the Intake manifold on also.

Is it in the car or out? You need to feel around for them and use a flashlight.

Yes it is an F54 block.

F54 blocks were used on turbo and N/A applications from '81-'83. It's stamped into the block on the intake/exhaust side down by the oil pan in the rear.

From my experiences in junk yards, it takes a lot of looking to find all of those pesky bolts. It's also torturous removing bolts from the heat shields on certain years.

"I took all the bolts off of the intake manifold off and the two on either end, are there any more bolts on it?"

If you took them all off, no...

There are four bolts on the top of the intake manifold, and six nuts with washers on the bottom. There are no studs/nuts on the end...if you removed those you started with taking the exhaust manifold off as well.

If you removed the four bolts and six nuts, then 'yes, you removed them all'...

But that still leaves the water hoses, EGR line, and electrical connections as well as fuel lines to remove. There's more than just nuts and bolts.

Having the electronically downloadable Factory Service Manual with the general engine breakdown printed out and in front of you will help you determine how things are put together. Shows the parts off their major subassemblies with dotted lines and torque specs for the various pieces.

Searching for the Chiltons is a waste of time IMO, there really is no reason not to download the FSM ad get the information straight from the Nissan Technical Engineering Support Department...

Far as I know, CarFiche.com has never had an '83 manual. XenonS130.com, on the other hand, has all of them except the '83 owner's manual.

Haven't noticed many differences between '82 and '83 FSMs though, other than moderate irrelevancies things like the turbo's T5 and the digital dash.

Far as I know, CarFiche.com has never had an '83 manual. XenonS130.com, on the other hand, has all of them except the '83 owner's manual.

Haven't noticed many differences between '82 and '83 FSMs though, other than moderate irrelevancies things like the turbo's T5 and the digital dash.

Sorry, you're right, they only had the 82, but that is no longer there.

Xenon's site is listed and works. It's free. Beats paying what I did for my 83 manual.

Functionally for the mechanical items, the 82 and 83 are identical. If you want to see the blots and nuts relating to your task, there is a page with the turbo engine exploded just like I said in either 82 or 83 manual.