HybridZ

HondaS2000 Push start button in 240z

Guest NESS89

So Back on the subject of Push button ignitions.....

Does anyone on this site know of any 240Z owner who has installed a Nissan Maxima or Altima "Pust to Start/Stop" button.???

I ask because Me and a friend (who designs circuit boards) have designed a circuit that takes all the operations of the Nissan Maxima switch and allows it to operate the same way in the 240Z as it would or does in the Maxima and Altima.

It plugs directly into the 240Z's ignition plug (for power to the unit and output of the relays.)

It uses an OEM Nissan Start/Stop ign. switch (P/N 25150-1AA0B)

The Control unit has inputs for the tach, brake switch (for starting),

Door pin and parking light inputs to light the switch at night or apon entering the car.

Outputs to control the LED's on the switch for ON, ACC and LOCK

Alarm input to dissengage the box with an alarm or toggle switch and light the LOCK LED

The Door pin and parking light wires will be tapped using a standard 3M "T-Tap"

The Brake switch is tapped using a wire with 1 male and 1 female bullet connector, so nothing is cut.

The Tach wire goes out thru the speedo cable hole and hugs the left fender over to the coil and the + ? wire is tapped (must be a Pulsed signal to tell the circuit that the motor is running, and the next press of the button will shut the car off, instead of engaging the starter with the motor running.

#1 press of the button turns on the ignition and Acc.

#2 pressing the brake pedal at the same time as the button will start the car as long as the button is held, or until the Pulsed tach signal tells the starter to dissengage, due to the motor turning.

With the motor running, the #3 press of the button will cancel all operations, shut the motor off and turn off all the relays (same as key off and out)

Pressing the button to turn on the ignition and Acc, and pressing it again without pressing the brake pedal, will shut the switch back off.

http://video.cardoma...aspx?id=2202506

So I guess this post is to ask any and all "has it been done?" and "What would you expect to pay for this full everything included, plug and play kit??"

Just feeling the waters here folks.

Yup - but I haven't fully installed mine in my S130 - too many other projects/cars and once I had the alarm portion installed it got put on the back shelf for the turbo swap :) It's very similar but I'm using the clutch pedal as the start enable for the ignition. I also have the Ignition and ACC seperate to cycle through so that the ignition isn't turned on with the ACC. I'm sure you don't want to have your ignition on while your car isn't running. I also highly recomend using the Sombra K9 car alarm in conjunction with this. The K9 is a ranged RFID car alarm system. If you have solenoids in your door you can have it automatically lock the car and disable the ignition/fuel pump as well. When you walk back up to the car it will unlock the doors and re-enable the ignition, etc. The RFID key fob has a motion sensor so when it doesn't detect movement it will automatically re-enable the alarm and turn the fob off to extend the battery life. So when it's sitting at home wherever you leave the keys the fob is disabled until you pick them up and put them in your pocket. When you are driving you are moving around enough to keep the fob enabled. It works great. Only problem I'm having right now is the S130 has power door lock - not locks ;) That means the drive side door will lock and unlock with the key and enable the switch for the passenger side solenoid. The driver side doesn't have a solenoid that will lock or unlock the door because back then they figured you would be using the key in the driver side to unlock the door - not set up for a car alarm. I'll have to add a solenoid somehow to the driver side to lock the car.

For the 240Z guys that are adding security to the cars there is a good write up somewhere about using a plate and solenoid in the door and door jam to act as a dead bolt in addition to the stock locks.

Another note - the push button switch is the same as the 370Z but for whatever reason they charge more for the 370Z version - get the Altima or Maxima push start button. If you like the Red start button you can also use the GTR start button. The 370Z/Maxima/Altima is back lit and also translucent. It has an orange LED behind it but you can pull the PCB and replace the surface mount LED with whatever you want. You can also use the start button to flash with the car alarm instead of installing a seperate LED on the dash, etc.

There are kits available to do this as well - I don't have the link on this computer but there was a guy I think on one of the Subby forums selling the kit. They had to tie wrap the stock smart key around the neck of the ignition switch to disable the stock car alarm for their cars - not required with this older technology. I've had people asking about a kit of course so there is intrest. The age old question of course is what will the cost be?

Edited by FricFrac

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got an Answer for ya.

($170 and it contains EVERYTHING, including free shipping in the Lower 48 states)

Almost completely Plug and Play, Just 3 connectors and 3 wires. The other 3 wires are optional.

Check this out and let me know what you think......

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/98889-daves-new-startstop-button-ignition-system/

Dave

Edited by HLS30-08077

After reading the vendor thread, it looks like it will be plug and play Craig. I have already wired up my car with the LSx harness. I am going to order the kit and hide the toggle that will serve as my second anti-theft kill switch.