HybridZ

HondaS2000 Push start button in 240z

Guest NESS89

I finally got around to wiring up my push start button in my 73 240z. I removed my cigarette lighter since it didnt even work and installed the s2000 button in its place. Wired it all up and now my car starts with the push of a button. It also looks pretty sweet in my dash. Heres a garbage picture i took when i finished the install (it was dark and i took it with my phone).

DSC00430_thumb.JPG

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finally got around to wiring up my push start button in my 73 240z. I removed my cigarette lighter since it didnt even work and installed the s2000 button in its place. Wired it all up and now my car starts with the push of a button. It also looks pretty sweet in my dash. Heres a garbage picture i took when i finished the install (it was dark and i took it with my phone).

Very cool :D That's the same place I want to do the same thing. Did you heist that from a junkyard or ebay? Looks good!

Davy

• Administrators

Installed the same S-2000 start button in my 240-Z race car. Wired it as the link above shows to control a relay for the starter and also the through glow light. Kept the button when I sold the race car.

Cockpit2Medium.jpg

Center1Medium.jpg

This is my push button start. Its from a Viper, found it on Ebay. I connected it through the Camaro chassis wiring harness I used to replace my 280Z chassis wiring. It still uses the GM VATS system. The ignition key is next to the push button start and then my fuel pressure gauge.

push-button.jpg

http://www.oichan.org/mods/starter/starter2.htm this is the website i used to know which conectors on the button to use. You can follow these instructions except the part about wich wire from your ignition switch to pull out/cut. on the 240z its a black/yellow wire. Not yellow/black wire, thats for your wipers. (I accidently cut the wipers wire and had push button wipers until i fixed it.)

• Administrators
http://www.oichan.org/mods/starter/starter2.htm this is the website i used to know which conectors on the button to use. You can follow these instructions except the part about wich wire from your ignition switch to pull out/cut. on the 240z its a black/yellow wire. Not yellow/black wire, thats for your wipers. (I accidently cut the wipers wire and had push button wipers until i fixed it.)

Great link. Thanks.

Push button wipers... Hmmm... Version of todays "mist" control.. Not a bad idea for an occasional windshield wipe without having to twist, then untwist...

Im thinking of doing this myself but I want to pull my lighter out and put it in there could someone measure the switch for me I want to see if it will work in place of the lighter

On my 73 I had to dremel the hole open a bit for the Honda switch to fit.

Derek