HybridZ

Walbro GSL392 possibly bad

cws1807

I recently ordered a brand new Walbro 255lph GSL392 and put on a basically bone stock 78 280z. I'm having an electrical problem that cuts the pump off when the engine gets hot, possibly the stock fusible links, but anyway I know the pumps are supposed to be louder than the stock pump, but this one is the loudest fuel pump I've ever heard. I wrapped two layers of foam rubber insulation around it and there was little to no change. When I wired it up for the first time I checked the wires with a meter to find positive and ground, but I must have got a bad reading and the pump was wired up backwards and ran several times before I figured out the problem. Could this have fried the pump?

cliff notes:

Brand new Walbro 255lph GSL392 extremely loud, accidently ran in reverse for several minutes, could this have fried the pump?

Something does sound right. I just installed 2 GSL392s and when I fired up he car for the first time i had to reach under the car and touch them to make sure they were both running.

+! on Scottie's comments.

My GSL392 is not very loud at all. Summit WILL take it back as well.

Yasin

I've got a 225LPH external, maybe the gsl392, and it is freaking loud. I can hear it over the exhaust at idle. It seems like it got louder after it had been in the car for a week. I don't know if I just got a bad one, or if its due to something in the rest of my fuel system. Its getting a steady 12+ volts, but the feed and return lines go into the stock location/diameter bungs on a '73 (carburetor) tank.