HybridZ

Aluminium Radiator for RB Motors in Z's

Mike Rowe

After a couple of attempts in China by his contractor, a local supplier here has been able to manufacture a radiator to suit RB motors into a Z.

The radiator is the correct size to fit in between the chassis rails, has the hose outlets top and bottom on the RHS, has the RB fan sensor female fitting, and drain tap. It also has tabs to mount it in the original mounts on the side (but with flexible rubber mounts in between), and also some additional tabs to mount electric fans.

Once I have fitted it I will publish some photos.

Now that they have got it correct I am sure any future orders will be easy.

If anyone wants to order the same one contact:

Tak

KH Imports [takticz@hotmail.com]

Perth W Australia

New custom radiator_thumb.jpg

Here's my rad setup, its a double pass aluminum rad, outlets both on the right hand size. It was made by a custom shop in Tennessee I think, Ill have to check. Any how alot of Chevy hot-rod rads fit you just need to get busy with a tape measure. I think this cost me 250 or so US. Fits perfect, I use one small flexilite fan on it and it has never even gotten close to overheating, even in stop and go traffic.

n72604599_36899082_5932.jpg

1.5" core too thin??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__CXRacing-ALUMINUM-RADIATOR-84-87-COROLLA-AE86-SR5-GTS_W0QQitemZ390014341527QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQddiZ2811QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item390014341527&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Other dimensions are pretty good.

I know it's barely cheaper than some other options, but i'm as budget oriented as they come. Ideally, i'd find that Datsun one that another member posted a little while ago?

Alternatively, the original Ae86 Automatic had the same dimensions, but it was a 1.5" dual Core. Not sure if that'd be a good scrap yard find or not. the 1.8L original engine capacity isn't inspiring though.

Mark