HybridZ

throttle cable

I hate to have the throttle cable snake across the top of the motor. I like how this setup allows you to run something more clean, as the cable goes along the firewall and then forward along the fuel rail. (and under the covers, if you have them) It's more out of the way and easy to disconnect, if needed. Just my 2 cents.

Also, I'm having another batch made up of these in stainless, same as before. Let me know if anyone wants/needs them.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to have the throttle cable snake across the top of the motor. I like how this setup allows you to run something more clean, as the cable goes along the firewall and then forward along the fuel rail. (and under the covers, if you have them) It's more out of the way and easy to disconnect, if needed. Just my 2 cents.

Also, I'm having another batch made up of these in stainless, same as before. Let me know if anyone wants/needs them.

Price on said bracket?

They are $25 and includes shipping. I went ahead and hit the "Go Button" and have a batch ready to go.

For those who want it, just make payment via Paypal to savageg@wwdb.org and include screen name and "Throttle bracket" in the message, along with verified shipping address.

• 6 months later...

They are $25 and includes shipping. I went ahead and hit the "Go Button" and have a batch ready to go.

For those who want it, just make payment via Paypal to savageg@wwdb.org and include screen name and "Throttle bracket" in the message, along with verified shipping address.

Do you still have these brackets for sale?

Yes, still the same price.

As for cable, the Lockar cable can be bought from most online performance parts places and you can get the one for an LS1. If you are doing a different engine swap, then you just want to measure to see how long of a cable you need.

Yes, still the same price.

As for cable, the Lockar cable can be bought from most online performance parts places and you can get the one for an LS1. If you are doing a different engine swap, then you just want to measure to see how long of a cable you need.

I just sent you a paypal payment for the bracket. I see 2 sizes cables for LS1 a 36 inch and 48 inch long, which one did you use?

I've got brackets for both of you packaged and will go out tomorrow.

I will have to verify the length on my cable, as it was a little while back when I installed it. Going off memory, I bought the 48" cable but cut 14" off it, so could have gone with the 36" and saved a few bucks. I will measure and confirm. Thanks!

Wanted to let you guys know that the brackets are in the mail and you should see them by the middle of the week.

Got the bracket, great piece. thanks a lot. This will save me a lot of work and make the engine bay look cleaner. Did you have a chance to measure your throtle cable?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why not eliminate the brackets altogether and just install the cable in the firewall? I'm probably going to convert to that method...

I think this would be the best way to go. We use a Camaro factory cable or sometimes the Lokar on our drive by cable Jeep swaps. If I don't do drive by wire I'll go this route. I can post the Camaro number if anyone would like it when I get to my computer.