Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Feedback


jpndave last won the day on June 11 2020

jpndave had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About jpndave

  • Rank
    Always Here
  • Birthday December 1

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Hyde Park, UT
  • Interests
    73 240Z owned for 30+yrs(my high school car). Doing a full makeover now, Voodoo/T56 Magnum, Suspension, Brakes, etc. http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/123712-240z-pro-touring-build/

    2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, LS3/6L80E/242AMG https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/jeep-jk-unlimited-transformer-6-2l-ls3-gm-build.77265/

Recent Profile Visitors

5523 profile views
  1. @NewZed Those Holley covers are way cleaner than the stock covers with Gen 4 coils. Aside from the covers themselves looking better, no coil brackets. The coils attach directly to the valve covers, so lighter and looks much better. Thanks for posting this up on the baffle, I am going to look into it on my Jeep. Your build is looking great!
  2. Here are a couple of links that may be of interest. https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/icons/news/story?id=3060814 https://buildingspeed.org/2014/04/25/a-nascar-splitter-inspired-kayak/ https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/3459143-tegris-and-splitters.html
  3. I have been looking at using Tegris for my cars splitter. Supposed to be much more durable than carbon and less expensive. I'll see if I can find my bookmarks on it. I think it's used on the NASCAR splitters.
  4. Yes looking great. She's a beauty! Love how the color turned out.
  5. Overall noise level "might" be higher than a more restricted or a chambered muffler but I much prefer the sound. I find it isn't opjectionable low RPM but a bit of bark when you step into the throttle and no drone/resonance. On the big LS in my JK where it's just a little loud a resonator should take care of it. Luckily there is more room to work with under there. With a turbo on the Duramax one muffler is enough.
  6. Maybe one of these then? https://www.dynomax.com/mufflers?muffler_body_length=121 The angle core deadens sounds a bit http://tuning.ua/en/sound I'm looking at doing something like this but it will be where the spare tire was exiting below the plate. https://www.borla.com/products/proxs-universal-muffler-400286
  7. I don't think the Aero turbine will fit. They are long.
  8. The super turbo is chambered with the radius bends to improve flow like 5th one down in that link. Still chambered still resonates every one I've heard. https://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/super-turbo-mufflers
  9. I have this on my truck and Jeep. https://aeroexhaust.com/c-1389207-mufflers-aero-turbinexl.html I love how it works on the Truck in 4". JK is 3.5" and just a little loud (Colton likes the noise - kids 🙄) I'm going to add a small resonator when it goes back together. On my Z I'll do a SS Borla or equivalent dual in dual out (X in the middle of the muffler) if I can make it fit. Look for something with a core like a Borla. So on this page any except the chambered one (5th one down) https://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/ A lot of muscle car guys like th
  10. Yes you want straight through but a good muffler. IMO the Borla is one of the best sounding but they are spendy. I like a more European sound if that makes sense. The drone I mentioned when we drove your car is the chambered muffler. That resonance drives me crazy and literally gives me a headache.
  11. @ZetsazSo on my phone will be quick. Don't get a turbo style muffler. Send that one back or cancel if you can. Get a Borla/Dynomax type. The turbo style is what is giving your resonance/droning.
  12. I have an AC hose crimp set should that need arise.
  13. If you are exploring alternative PVC sources look at DWV fittings (drain waste and vent). Actually central vacuum fittings might be a possibility as they are thinner (lighter) and actually 2" rather than iron pipe sizes. There are a few defroster duct options that have angled inlets.
  • Create New...