HybridZ

my new but old $500 72 240z project

i-drift

hey guys Im kinda new to this Club , I just bought this Datsun about a month and a half ago, I'm from Toronto Canada. I picked this up in Oshawa for 500 bux , everything on the car is in-tact , it just needs a full restore.

-2holes on each side of strut towers

-holes on each side of floor pan.

-hole in rockerpanel

-rusty cancerous roof

-Fiberglass widebody needs some tending too.

-Pimpin Eagle painted on hood(from 1st owner in the 70's)

- ugly 2 tone red/black seats.

motor turns over but I need to change the coil and give it a tune up. its got 70.000 miles on it.

Plans=

get bodwork done..(easy stuff , sending it to my dads bodyshop.)

Weld up Floor pans, and strut towers & rocker panel.

Try and get leather bucket seats that look like they belong on a 72.

Customize door panels to match the leather pattern on the Transmission tunnel & and a Leather pocket.

Paint it either Deep black with lots of clear or Deep Daytona Blue with lots of clear or dark Candy apple red.

Want rims with more dish same size.

Try to upgrade suspension ( any iinexpensive suggestions)

Want to upgrade brakes(any inexpensive suggestions) like a brake swap?

want to add headers and a full exhaust.

take off Bumperettes weld up the holes and re-chrome the front and rear bumper.

last pic is my other car in its prime

5lb409.jpg

9rnj8i.jpg

2zrdojk.jpg

2lm44fn.jpg

34dhso3.jpg

2w1wqo2.jpg

14nfn11.jpg

smzprr.jpg

Wow I can't believe someone finally picked up that car. It's been for sale forever. I was interested before but the guy selling it just completely turned me off of it.

I'm in the same situation as you. I've got a '71 I'm restoring. For suspension on the cheap I'd suggest some Tokikos ($500 for shocks and springs from an ontariozcar member) (HP's are what I picked up, but Illuminas have the adjustment for dampening, but double the price). I've got Eiback pro kit springs (cheap, good company). I've also ordered a poly bushing master set ($220 I think from PI) and Suspension Techniques sway bar set ($420 from Performance Improvements).

For brakes, the cheapest thing is Toyota 4x4 4 piston calipers and a drilled & slotted rotor with some good pads. For the rear there are a lot of options. Cheapest and easiest I think would be doing a 240sx swap.

BTW, any chance you want to get rid of the front airdam, i`d take it off your hands. let me know

Sean

digistar_media at hotmail.com

yeathe guy i bought it from tried to turn me off of it but i just gave him the cash and took it lol, i know the rarity of the car and saw the mass potential plus for 500 bux even if it was just parts the rims MSA wing, front lip and hood were worth more than that alone lol.

but im not parting anything from it. i want it on the road for summer...whats insurance like on these cars?

Oshawa!!??

WTF I must be slacking, because I did not know this car was for sale. At the very least Bill must have looked at it. hehehe. I would have picked it up for that price!

Anyways rant over.

Good luck. Keep us posted. There are lots of us locals (Toronto area), so speak up if you need some help/advice/parts etc. Our next club meet is Feb 4th.

I like the rear flares!

Scott.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think so. Similar, but I don't think those are subtle Z flares. The rears have a bit of a bubble shape to them, and the fronts have a large lip - the subtle z flares don't.

I'd sure like to know what those rear flares are because I'm selling a set that looks exactly like them.