HybridZ

I'm buying the AZC big brake kits for the front and rears!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the pedal feels great now. Just as good as stock. I haven't gotten to really test them out yet because my optispark is junk once again so I replacing that at the moment. From the short drive I did get to use them they felt great...

Guy

Do you think the front would fit inside 16 inch wheels?

No I don't think they will. AZC says that you have to run atleast 17" wheels with this set up. You also need about 2.25" of clearance from the spokes of the wheels.

I noticed that you had the drilled rotors. Do you get that annoying sound when you press the pedal? Kinda like a whirling sound? I noticed this when I got the drilled rotors.

No I haven't noticed any weird noises from the fronts or backs.

They are sportmax 962's in silver. The fronts are 7.5"x18" and the rears are 9.5"x18". They no longer make them in the silver(atleast that I can find) but you can get them in GOLD and GUN METAL. I am running a 38mm spacer in front and a 20mm spacer in the rear. I bought them off of ebay last year. I have been trying to find another set of the 9.5" but no luck. I want another set to swap out so that when I take it to the drag strip I can have a set with good tires on it.

Thanks for the complement also!

Guy

http://www.victoriatire.com/wheel_XXR_962%20SILVER

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I have search the forum for a diagram and explanation of were and how the line lock should be placed on a Z setup. I have replaced the master cylinder with a 280zx (11/15") and replace the stock 240z proportioning valve with the 280zx one. Now I want to add a line lock and adjustable proportioning valvue (APV).

1) I see most people replacing the stock proportioning valuve with the adjustable one. Is that the best way to do it or should the adjustable valve go between the back brakes and the stock proportioning valve?

2) Line lock, should that go between the master cyclinder and the brake sendor valve (before the proportioning valve) on the Front line?

3) What line lock system are people using? Is B&M 46076 Line Lock Launch Control Solenoid Kit worth getting?

Thanks for your help.