HybridZ

hpi racing RC Zcar

OneSickZ

RC Helicopters are a money sink. I still have one car, an RC10 (old 4wd car) and it's fun, but can't get parts for it anymore. So when it breaks I am at the hobby store looking at whats available and what I can upgrade, what I can make fit. The shop owner looks at me sideways and wonders why I don't just buy a new car for what i spend on it.

I should just tell him I drive a 240z, and it will all make perfect sense.

OMG!!! Tell me about it!!!

I first got into RC helos when I was in Iraq (needed some toys to try out just in case I didn't make it back) and man did I spend some money. They were fun as hell, but if you screw up you were done for a few weeks until the parts came in. Me and my friends also had to watch out for the convoys coming back on base, because the radio jammers they usually had would make your transmitter absolutely worthless and your helo would be beyond your control. That usually ended in a pretty epic wreck. I think I still have a stash of spindle pins and spare control rods somewhere...

Stop talking about fun RC stuff... you guys are making me want to break out the toys again.

I keep selling my RC stuff but then I find myself buying it all again! I'm into the big 26cc 1/6 scale offroad cars now. Expensive to buy, but cheapest cars to run. Pump fuel and 2 stroke mix! But if racing the zed starts to cost more, might have to start racing the 1/5 scale on road again...I have to race something!!

Buying used, you can buy a turbo and some misc parts for that money. Its all about priorities :P

I already have a turbo and misc parts! :wink:

Seriously, you can get a good RC car with a radio for around $100-$150 used or less. If you are just going to use it for an occasional blast around the backyard and not get into competition, it will do fine.

This makes me want to get my RC truck out soooo bad. I've got a Revo with the 1" extended chassis, all titanium pins/rods/balls, EB Mods OS .18 TZ, aluminum knuckles, etc etc etc. I bought it used ready to race, then started sinking money into the z and haven't touched it in three years. I keep thinking about selling it, but I know I'll just buy another one when I get out of college so I've kept it.