HybridZ

MegaSquirt II on L28ET - need some help.

CamH

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used the bosch 124 module because i was not comfortable with soldering on my megasquirt.

That works too. You'd either need a BIP373 or external ignition module.

Or you could see if it will drive the stock power transistor. Try the same settings for the BIP373 and see if they work; I'd be interested in seeing the results.

Alright, the BIP 373 module showed up today. I ought to be messing with it on Sunday. Does anyone off hand know where the 330 ohm resistor should be used (if at all)? I am reading that it would normally be used with MSII/Extra, which I am not using...

On the v3.0 boards, it goes between IGBTIN and the top of R26 for both MSI and MSII. You'll need to use it in the same place in the wiring, but I don't know which jumper pads are to be used on the v3.57 boards, someone else will have to chime in.

On the v3.0 boards, it goes between IGBTIN and the top of R26 for both MSI and MSII. You'll need to use it in the same place in the wiring, but I don't know which jumper pads are to be used on the v3.57 boards, someone else will have to chime in.

There is already a wire between the middle pin of where the BIP 373 module goes and somewhere else on the board. Would it make sense to put the resistor there? I think that sounds kind of dumb, sorry, I'll check out where the wire leads to...

Only on an MS1.

Using the MS-II PCBv3 ECU

* Build the ECU up to trigger from the Hall/Optical Input (all of our MS230-C units are by default configured this way).

* The only change is to enable the IGBT High Current Ignition Coil Driver Circuit to directly drive the coil.

* Remove the jumper from JS10 to IGN (if exists)

* Jumper IGBTIN to JS10

* Jumper IGBTOUT to IGN

(This will enable the VB921 Ignition Coil Driver)

V3.57s are the same except there's no IGBTOUT to IGN jumper.

Alright, guys I am starting to really freak out over this car. I need to have it running very soon because I am losing my other car. I am apparently (checked spark plugs) not getting fuel or spark. I seem to have everything hooked up properly.

My wiring is basically as follows (except with my distributor wired per the first post in this thread and I am not using any idle control equipment):

v3ext_wiring.gif

Also I am running a switch for everything and the key is only used for the starter.

In a few minutes I will post my current MSQ file and a data log. Is there anyone that can help me? Throw stuff at me, I only have a chance at the car a day or two out of every week. Or if someone is in the San Diego area that is good with MegaSquirt, and would be willing to come look at the car, that would be even more helpful, and I would certainly be willing to compensate...

Thanks guys!

Attached is a copy of my latest MSQ file and a data log from earlier today... If anyone has any questions about anything, ask away. I will respond promptly.

http://www.2shared.com/file/4984525/32dc28c/MS_online.html

Apparently file uploads are broken so I uploaded it at that link. Let me know if that doesn't work. I can email it to you!

Alright, guys I am starting to really freak out over this car. I need to have it running very soon because I am losing my other car. I am apparently (checked spark plugs) not getting fuel or spark. I seem to have everything hooked up properly.

My wiring is basically as follows (except with my distributor wired per the first post in this thread and I am not using any idle control equipment):

v3ext_wiring.gif

Also I am running a switch for everything and the key is only used for the starter.

In a few minutes I will post my current MSQ file and a data log. Is there anyone that can help me? Throw stuff at me, I only have a chance at the car a day or two out of every week. Or if someone is in the San Diego area that is good with MegaSquirt, and would be willing to come look at the car, that would be even more helpful, and I would certainly be willing to compensate...

Thanks guys!

Post a log of the attempted cranking process.

Ok, I see you are getting an RPM signal. There are a couple changes you need to make, however. Set the cranking trigger to Calculated first - setting it to Trigger Rise isn't going to work with a 103 degree trigger angle. (Most installations also need ignition input capture set to Falling Edge.) Change that first, then check if your injector outputs work on a Stim.

Ok, I see you are getting an RPM signal. There are a couple changes you need to make, however. Set the cranking trigger to Calculated first - setting it to Trigger Rise isn't going to work with a 103 degree trigger angle. (Most installations also need ignition input capture set to Falling Edge.) Change that first, then check if your injector outputs work on a Stim.

Thanks, I will try that first chance I get.

That didn't work. Still no spark.

Also, I opened the MegaSquirt. The wire to the middle pin on the BIP373 module IS going to JS10. This is correct, right?

Any other suggestions?