HybridZ

MegaSquirt II on L28ET - need some help.

CamH

I have hooked the wideband back up, but it is all over the place - I need to revisit this.

If your AFR are not right or close I would think you will have issue,

when I did mine,

step 1, get the car to idle with a good AFR (mines about 13.5),

step 2, have some one sit next to you with a laptop and watch the AFR,

drive slowly (in a area with no, or not much traffic), have your friend change the VE table for each RMP / Map cell, to you are happy with the AFR (14.7 ish for low load / RMP, 15-16 ish for crusing, 13 -14 as you go up the revs,

I found MS was a steep learning curve to get it setup, but after a day or so it become very easy to use

Nigel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Noddle has written, You have to get the engine to idle well first so work on your AFR's. Make sure you have no vacuum leaks, all the plugs are firing and all the wires have good spark. Fuel injectors are working correctly.

So if you haven't done so find a timing map of someone with a similar setup to yours first. And use that for your starting timing map, you can change it whenever you need to.

It is easier and faster to get the tuning done with someone in the car with you.

• 2 years later...

Just to put the solution on this thread's second half (after the car was running), the problem turned out to be the fuel lines. The stock return line was too small for the amount of fuel being put through the system, so fuel pressure varied throughout the RPM range. Going to a larger return line solved the problem.