HybridZ

Bearing keeps falling out on rear main cap

jacob80

My bearings snapped in and didn't fall out really. Do what islanddozer said and don't tap them in. Well... Tap them in just enough to that the threads on the bolts catch, then gradually tighten down. OR use the threaded hole at the top of the rear cap (also on the thrust bearing cap) which was meant for pulling them out with a tool that you screw into the hole. Instead of pulling it out, screw it down. This way you aren't hitting anything really.

2qvb153.jpg

no but you should be useing engine assembly lube. put lots of lube between bearing and cap and press hard making sure the algnment notch sits into place. The lube should glue it into place.

No, definately do not do what is recommended above!

It sounds as though your align bore is rather large. Install the cap without the bearing and use an inside mic or snap gauge and measre it and check with the FSM as to whether it is in spec or not. Sounds like it is on the large size.

It sounds as though your align bore is rather large. Install the cap without the bearing and use an inside mic or snap gauge and measre it and check with the FSM as to whether it is in spec or not. Sounds like it is on the large size.

Yah I just thought about that and agree... Thats a formula for spinning a bearing.:rolleyesg

Well, you might be sucking air instead of oil...depends on if you blocked off the front pickup hole, or the front pickup hole isn't drilled all the way.

Sorry for the thread hijack, back to topic.

All my bearings seated in the caps pretty firmly too. Didn't have any problems like you are describing.

Sure check it out but I have built over 20 of these motors and know enough to check tolerences before install. Sometimes I take it for granted that everyone would know this

Sure check it out but I have built over 20 of these motors and know enough to check tolerences before install. Sometimes I take it for granted that everyone would know this

You can have the right bearing clearance and still not have proper crush on the bearing which will cause the bearing to fail. But with an attitude like that I'm DONE with trying to help.