HybridZ

RIPS 240z drifts to 8.05 @ 172 mph

RIPSNZ

Man Rob, It's incredible that those pistons are taking that kind of pounding from the boost/rpm and haven't failed. I'll bet when you tear it down, the ring groves have opened way up and the rings are just floppin' LOL.

I find it quite amasing its still holding together as well, the bottom end is so basic its not funny.

Just before the 8.16 and the 8.05 we put in its first set of spark plugs since the motor was first built over 18 months ago!!

Its had 3 or 4 oil changes and the motor doesn't breath, use oil or show any signs of getting tired.

We run it to 9500rpm regularly but havn't been over 27/28psi on the strip or 29/30psi on the dyno but thats about to change.

We have just finished upgrading the fuel system to 2100hp capable and we have some 1600cc injectors to replace the 1000cc injectors we've always had.

We intend to really chuck some boost at it from about 50 meters out cause on a good run I sometimes have it under control by then, lol.

We can't add much more off the line as the car is really at its limit but if we really get stuck into it as soon as we can, I'm sure 7s and 175+ will come before long still on petrol.

Rob