HybridZ

Visit to US East Coast Autumn 09 - Where to go?

Mike Rowe

Hi guys, I am going to visit the east coast Sep/Oct or so this year. Probably fly to New York from Perth (West Australia) and then drive down to Florida.

Can anyone advise what I should go and see & where ie Drag circuits, Car Museums, Race Circuits , Classic car shows, etc?

Does NASA have a Space Centre or museum in Florida?

Which of you guys with an RB Z live on the East Coast that I could come and see your car?

regards

Let us know when you're in town and maybe we'll host a ZCar Shindig... I put them on a couple times per year. A couple of the RB types show up occassionally, although none of their projects have shown up yet.

Where you should go? Google:

Maryland International Raceway

Virginia International Raceway

Watkins Glenn

Road Atlanta

Take a sidetrack thru Charlotte North Carolina if you want to experience some automotive history. Lots of museums and race shops there, although most are dedicated to NASCAR, there is some worthwhile stuff to see and lots of Zcar folks in that state and region.

In Florida I'd go to Daytona and stop in their museums. There's so much stuff to do on the east coast, it's really hard to pinpoint, but I'm sure others will chime in...

Mike

If you also want to see some historical sites, I would greatly advise you to stop in Charleston, SC. The downtown area is amazing and we also have the largest bridge on the east coast! There's not much car craze down there, but there are a few Z guys in town. I will let you know if I can think of anywhere else.

If you also want to see some historical sites, I would greatly advise you to stop in Charleston, SC. The downtown area is amazing and we also have the largest bridge on the east coast! There's not much car craze down there, but there are a few Z guys in town. I will let you know if I can think of anywhere else.
Colonial Williamsburg is also nice.

Thanks for all your ideas so far guys, will reserach those places and how to route them in.

Also would be good to see as many Z's/Hybrids on my way while there, so would like to know where you all are.

Keep the ideas coming.

I will do the west coast on another visit and do the same.

regards