HybridZ

How many PSI can standard pistons take ?

Noddle

Very cool man! Still pretty stealthy :-)

Ah yes, new clutches soon become necessary. When you have more power, you usually start driving like it and that's no good for an old underrated clutch.

PS: Tip: build a cold air box for the air filter so it doesn't draw hot air from the engine bay.

• 3 weeks later...

I did some data logging yesterday, after a hill climb, IAT hit 30C instead of the 60C ish it did before the intercooler went in,

I must say I'm stoked with how well it runs, it revs easier, at 6.5k RMP - I lifted my foot, and it seems to want to go higher, and the increase in power from N/A to Turbo, the only down side now is in the wet, I must be so much more careful, it breaks traction so easily in the first 3 gears.

Nigel

• 1 month later...

I think the Fel-Pro's are not as blowable, as the Nissan Gaskets. The OEM gasket seems to be the most "Piston Saver". The Fel-Pro that I used, seems stiffer and more brittle than the factory one. The factory one had more flex to it, with a narrower "blow out" region on the intake/exahaust side. Just my observations.

Fel-Pro

I_371574_CL_1.jpg

Nissan

190081387_8ZRkg-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just oput of curiosity, what is the part number to that FelPro gasket you have the picture of? I got a FelPro and it was a different gasket all together. The stock gasket looks closer to the FelPro part I bought. Do you think there is a difference between the N/A say 77-78 car and the turbo cars? I would like to try the gasket you have pictured.

Wow the 8799PTs are $17 through AutoZone... And they are universal for all L6 blocks.

[At least all of the L6s are listed on the sheet that comes with the gasket]

How much are the Nissan gaskets? I remember X64 talking about how the Nissan gasket acts like a fuse and allows the block side to rip easier so it won't break a coolant passage.