HybridZ

New toy *warning to 56k users*

SonOfZZZap

Decided to break down and pick up a side arm. Taurus 24/7 OSS DS 9mm w 5.25" barrel, came with a hard case, manual, cleaning and lock-down kit, and two 17 round magazines. Needless to say I LOVE IT. It is a quality military spec pistol.

100_0345.jpg

100_0347.jpg

Now this is my other toy I've had for several months... It is called the GSG-5 it is basically a 22lr semi auto version of the HK Mp5, made in Germany at German Sport Guns. They really awesome thing about this rifle is all the tactical goodies you can pickup and there are alot of short rifle/suppressor options if you wanna pay the tax stamps.

gsg5boxjpeg.jpg

Photo0171.jpg

no 30 round extended clip for the taurus?

Hm, not familiar with pistols using clips. Perhaps you mean magazines?

Also, for those of you not familiar, Taurus guns are beretta guns. Taurus purchased beretta's factory in brazil. Taurus pt92 and beretta 92f series are identical

Hm, not familiar with pistols using clips. Perhaps you mean magazines?

Also, for those of you not familiar, Taurus guns are beretta guns. Taurus purchased beretta's factory in brazil. Taurus pt92 and beretta 92f series are identical

i thought it was, rifles, used mag's pistols used clips and machine guns used drums?

Arent drums magazines..

Ive seen the gsg-5's at a local range, I really wouldnt pay $600 for a 22 like that. You could for much cheaper just buy a ruger 10-22 and have many more magazine options, 10/25/50 etc. You could probably find a similar stock for it to. Although I LOVE 22's I couldny justify it for $600. But whatever floats your boat.

Id really like to get a semi auto handgun soon, but like always theres other better places to put the money... anyone own a Ruger SR-9? Ive been looking at those recently, they look like a nice gun.

It must be nice to live in a place where "toys" are readily available, oh wait, that's part of why I moved to North Dakota. If you don't own and know how to use a gun here, people look at you like you're from California. Sure am glad my grandpa collected cars and guns when he was alive, and I was his favorite relative.

hoov: that's not a machine gun. mp5 falls into the assault rifle/carbine territory. Machine gun is something that has large ammo capacity (over 30) and does not have select fire (traditionally), ie functions either off, or full auto.

Magazine:

451px-9mm_pistol_magazine.jpg

akm_mag.jpg

stripper clip

metalclp.jpg

sks_load.jpg

sub machine gun drum, also applicable to rifles like AK47, AR15, etc.

ppd-38_40.jpg

russian ww2 ppd sub machine gun w/ 74 round drum

m1_drum.jpg

Tommy gun

AR15 (rifle, not machine gun) with a drum

adcolt.jpg

So is a carbine a short rifle, or long handgun..... or does it go both ways? eg. m16 and mp5, .223 (rifle) v. 9mmx19 (handgun)

Also if the gsg is a "knock off" of the mp5 and the mp5 is a "machine pistol" and a "pistol" is a "gun", wouldnt the gsg be a machine gun? :)