HybridZ

MSA Window Mirrors

240LKR

They are completely useless. Look great. But vibrations in the mirror make it completely useless. You might be able to see the color of the car behind you. Maybe.

Not to mention its over priced (like all of msas crap) for the poor quality of the kit.

They are completely useless. Look great. But vibrations in the mirror make it completely useless. You might be able to see the color of the car behind you. Maybe.

Not to mention its over priced (like all of msas crap) for the poor quality of the kit.

I have the mirror kit and I would have to agree. Lots of vibration. But I have a idea that if maybe I lay some "rattle pad" from second skin, It might absorb all of the vibrations. Either that or use the second skin sludge spray to absorb the vibrations.

This may work?:confused:

I tried something similar. I put a small piece of rubber between the window frame mount and the actual mirror. Helped, but it was still very annoying. In the end i ditch them and went with mirrors that mount near the stock location. Much better. I can actually see whats behind me now (flashing red and blue lights most of the time it seems.....:flamedevi )

I have the mirror kit and I would have to agree. Lots of vibration. But I have a idea that if maybe I lay some "rattle pad" from second skin, It might absorb all of the vibrations. Either that or use the second skin sludge spray to absorb the vibrations.

This may work?:confused:

I can actually see whats behind me now (flashing red and blue lights most of the time it seems.....:flamedevi )

They must recognize your car from F&F and just assume your speeding lol.

I had the same kit on my car and the vibrations are annoying. They do look good though IMHO.

I realized on my way to work yesterday that these mirrors don't vibrate any more then my Maxima does Because of the stereo lol. And I think I'm gonna try the foam that akumazeto mentioned because I really like the look.

• 1 year later...

Well I already have the msa flush mounts... I plan to either keep them installed or go with the smaller door mount side mirrors of a topic I bumped below this one that displays a white z car with them.

What I was wondering is if anyone fixed the vibration issues on these mirrors?

Well I already have the msa flush mounts... I plan to either keep them installed or go with the smaller door mount side mirrors of a topic I bumped below this one that displays a white z car with them.

What I was wondering is if anyone fixed the vibration issues on these mirrors?

No vibration issues on the set installed on the 240Z above and I had an extra set (from MSA) that a friend installed on his son's 510 and no vibration issues there. Now, the mounting plate is far from ideal, but it works. I'm looking at coming up with a better installation of the plate to mount the mirrors to.

• 2 weeks later...