HybridZ

l20et ?

zzzzed

hey guys

I am about to buy a l20et motor and loom, I already have a f54 l28 with a p90 head and want to transfer everything from the l20et.

I need to know will the l20et injectors and ecu be sufficient to run a l28et and is there any thing else i need to change to do the swap.

Don't worry about the sump my l28 has already got the oil return for the turbo

Actually, the center cartridge of the L20ET is identical to the L28ET. The only real differences is the A/R on the exhaust housing, which is a .43.

If applied to an L28, your boost threshold is around 1700 for a 17psi boost level. You will be able to get full boost by 2000. Running the smaller L20ET turbo on an L28, it acts more like a Supercharger than the traditional turbo where when you drive it wrong, you find soggy 'bottom end' performance.

My setup was all in by around 5500 with the smaller turbo, but it was a hoot to drive. I lament selling the turbo to someone with a 2L Isuzu!

That is correct, the L20ET's only support 145 HP, what you can do is install an adjustable FPR and up your fuel pressure to make up for the difference in fuel delivery between the N/A L28 (L20ET) injectors, and the 270CC units on the L28ET.

4 bar? I forget. You are limited on boost then, though, since the stock fuel pump will internally bypass at boost pressures above .7 bar.

Getting larger injectors in the 270 to 320CC range is advisable. It's always easier to 'trim fuel down' somewhat, than to increase it appreciably by increasing the pressure under boost.

with my old l20et i used vg30et injectors. which are 270cc, if you can find any near you that would help. Im pretty adimint that the l20et ecu will run the l28 happly.. But you;d need to swap the oil pump/dizzy drive and dizzy over to the l20et CAS unit..

Check to see what oil pump is on the l20et to.. Both of mine (JDM) had the same oil pump as the l28et Automatic. H4 rings a bell, I'd have to confurm that tho..

Ive done the some converions in my Hr30 skyline, She isnt running yet.. (funding) Orginialy had a l20et, now a n42/n42combo with l20et gear and alot more.