HybridZ

Pontiac is DEAD!!!

dsommer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dsommer: I checked out your link to your V8 install? It is confusing but were you removing or installing a 383 stroker into the Datsun? I really like the photos of the build or teardown whichever it is.

Same car as the Saturn Sky. This IMHO is why GM is in trouble. They make too many cars with nothing different than trim packages. Long gone are the days when the 5 makes were really different.

I liked the Solstice!

King BO said kill them and kill them they will do, no doubt Hummer is next as it should be. Got me to thinking: should Nissan kill off Infiniti?
I don't think Nissan has a reason to kill off Infiniti. GM has plenty of reason to kill off Pontiac, Saturn, GMC, etc. They have far too many brands selling essentially the same thing. IMO, anyway.

Im not upset, it will be good for them to trim out their multiple companies and refocus on 2 or 3 brands. Although i do like the G8 and GTO since they are essentially Holden Monaros, which everyone says are great cars. I was looking forward to the G8 Ute though...

You'll just have to order LHD Holden Maloo utes direct from Holden in Aussie then, instead of waiting for a G8 ute... Holden is set up to make LHD commodores (G8's) and they have the same firewall, dash and pedal boxes as the utes, so no new engineering needed.

HSV make custom requests, and with the current exchange rate to the AUD, theres no better time than the present :P

The Solstice and the G8 GXP were cool cars. Too many years of being Chevys with pointless glued-on plastic crap destroyed the brand. I really wanted a G8 GXP, but no way I'm going near a GM vehicle any time soon.

You don't even want one of these? wagon07_24.jpg

:lmao: For that, I may have to make an exception. I didn't know Pontiac made a wagon! :lmao:

And I'll amend my statement about GM vehicles. I'm not going near a new GM anytime soon. Certain parts of a GM car from early in this decade are destined for my Z.

People voted for change. So change they get.

The only problem is that the people elected think that the Hummer is better for the USA and enviroment then something like a Pontiac.

Ignorant political statement that doesn't belong here - this could go to the Tool Shed super quick