HybridZ

Hood Vent Scoops?

misterZ

I'd be in on that...if someone can get me a set, I could reproduce them in Carbon Fiber...

I'm not sure if their design is copyrighted but would be willing to share mine for a CF replacement/fabrication. These would look really nice in CF. :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the vents like misterZ was available on Ebay, I contacted them asking if they had it in carbon fiber as I was looking for some. Unfortunately, at the time they didn't make them in carbon fiber due to some issues and the cost of them. Also believed the interest wasn't there back then (this was like a year ago). Now there's a chance of it becoming available in CF....SWEET!!!....If I keep my hood now, I'm interested in a set depending on the price. ^^

The vents that MisterZ installed on his car are our design and a lot of effort, time & money went into getting them into production. They are a quality injected urethane part that is simple to install and made to exacting standards.

With the high level of interest that has been expressed recently regarding their availability, we are currently working on getting these back on the market as soon as possible.

The suggestion of a 'group buy' to help get the project get going will not be necessary, but we do intend on initially offering members of HybridZ a special discounted rate once them become available, as a way of saying thank you for your patience.

Offers to 'copy' or 'reproduce' a set for people, I find a little disturbing. Although the vents are not 'copyrighted', I am a member of the Z community and drive a 240Z on a daily basis. The vents were an idea I had for my personal car that I thought could also be enjoyed by others. Prototypes were created and expensive tooling made. Production runs were invested in and initially everything was going well. Then we lost our supplier and replacement production houses could not seem to achieve the quality standards we demanded. A decision was made to halt production until a suitable replacement could be found.

With the current surge in interest, we are working hard on getting the vents made again.

I understand peoples frustration - I think I would be the same. One again, your patience is ask for. Once we have figured out a new production method, then we plan on having the vents available again for a long time to come.

We did actullay play around with creating the vents in CF and we may well follow up the idea when production is resumed. Initial results looked promising.

Thanks again

Steve.

(This is what inspires me to do what I do ...

IMG_3100a.jpg

_MG_4345a_thumb.jpg

Let us know as soon as they're availiable. As for the reproduction idea, I would never reproduce anything w/o permission or if unless the OEM was no longer able/willing to produce a product. I believe 95% of the hybrid'ers out there feel the same way. The interest in a group buy to get you going again shows that. Let us know if we can help.

How much do you think these new run production vents might cost? (I know it's subject to change since you're looking for a new production house.)

Phar

• 5 weeks later...

With the high level of interest that has been expressed recently regarding their availability, we are currently working on getting these back on the market as soon as possible.

The suggestion of a 'group buy' to help get the project get going will not be necessary, but we do intend on initially offering members of HybridZ a special discounted rate once them become available, as a way of saying thank you for your patience.

How's progress? Any estimate on when they'll become available again?

A lot of progress has been made recently actually.

Completely new tooling had to be made, which we just got our hands on, and we have begun test runs with various samples of material.

We are currently making a de-gassing chamber to eliminate air from the material prior to pouring into the molds. (the vigorous mixing of the 2 parts of the material, create hundreds of tiny air bubbles that effect the finish of the final part)

Once we get the air out of the material and get a good pour, parts should start to roll out the molds soon after that.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel ..........

IMG_0051a.jpg

IMG_0075a.jpg

sign me up for a pair! what about setting up a group buy to help get the production?!

"The suggestion of a 'group buy' to help get the project get going will not be necessary, but we do intend on initially offering members of HybridZ a special discounted rate once them become available, as a way of saying thank you for your patience."

As stated by grndfx, it's not necessary but he does plan to initially offer us HybridZ members discounts once they're available. :mrgreen: