HybridZ

Reshaping the console for new switches

HoustonZ

My dash needed a switch array, as well as some other stuff cleaned up. I bolted in the sheet metal and am working on blending all the curves together.

280z009.jpg

200905181650_385-1.jpg

200905181712_387-1.jpg

4339_943363549804_8381478_54320528_.jpg

DSC_2474.jpg

DSC_2476.jpg

The switches will control all the functions in the car. Headlights, turn signals, wipers, main power, fuel pump, ac, wastegate control. I used rustoleum hammered paint as texture. It came out great!!

Thanks! Yep. I used some 18 gauge sheet metal cut to shape, then bolted it down at 6 locations. Then I used regular bondo applied liberally to blend all the transitions together. Came out even better then I expected.

I used the exact same process to restore the dash in the above picture, except in the end I had it professionally sprayed with bedliner.

That really looks great!

I'm going to have to play around with one of my cracked spares. I've been wanting to make a half-console for some time now.

Have you done anything with fiberglass before?

I think you might like how creative you can get ;)

• 1 month later...

No pics of it installed yet. Still need to finish up the wiring.

Blinkers (left and right), headlights, main power, fuel pump, ac, blower, wipers, aux.

I'm also installing a magnetically operated hidden kill switch that will arm a push button starter.