HybridZ

Some pics n vids of Cali LSx Zs at the 1/4 track

Went to California Speedway's 1/4 track for Memorial day for some chillen, BBQ'n and racin. Three LSx Zs showed up along with a 469 rwhp RB26 Datsun.

Mine is the primer gray Z and USA3776 is the blue one(didnt run). ColtGT4g63, with the orange Z came all the way up from San Diego with some buddies to run his!

The air temp got up into the low 80s and density altitude was about 3600ft at midday but I still was able to run my new best of 11.470@122 with a 1.843 60ft (on 235/45/17 Continentals): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfkXmskhvfY. I also got about 25mpg on the 140 mile roundtrip :) (not including racing:-P).

ColtGT4g53 ran a best of 10.9@124 with a 1.563 60ft! (hope you dont mind me posting this Dave :) )

IMG_5190-vi.jpg

IMG_5191-vi.jpg

IMG_5315-vi.jpg

IMG_5316-vi.jpg

IMG_5344-vi.jpg

IMG_5496-vi.jpg

IMG_5497-vi.jpg

IMG_5558-vi.jpg

IMG_5663-vi.jpg

CIMG8353.jpg

CIMG8354.jpg

CIMG8359.jpg

CIMG8455.jpg

P5250018.jpg

P5250021.jpg

IMG_5368-vi.jpg

oops howd that get in there :coollook:

This was the RB26 Datsun...one of coltgt45's buddies from San Diego also. He had some issues but got a few runs. Not sure what his best was.

IMG_5659-vi.jpg

IMG_5660-vi.jpg

Those are some awesome pics! Of course I don't mind you posting my times / video's. That's what they're there for.

What tires and setup is ColtGT4g53 running if you dont mind me asking?

I've got some 26 x 8.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson ET drags mounted on some stock wheels. I'm using the MT tubes as well, along with some summit racing wheel Bolts to keep the rim from spinning inside the tire. Rear suspension is Tokico blue struts with QA1 175lb spring rates. The springs are sitting on some Cosmo coil over adjustable sleeves. And diff set up is the Q45 with custom axles.

Chris had a SERIOUS launch before his car broke. I swear, one more mm and the front tires would be off the ground.

Those are some awesome pics! Of course I don't mind you posting my times / video's. That's what they're there for.

I've got some 26 x 8.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson ET drags mounted on some stock wheels. I'm using the MT tubes as well, along with some summit racing wheel Bolts to keep the rim from spinning inside the tire. Rear suspension is Tokico blue struts with QA1 175lb spring rates. The springs are sitting on some Cosmo coil over adjustable sleeves. And diff set up is the Q45 with custom axles.

Chris had a SERIOUS launch before his car broke. I swear, one more mm and the front tires would be off the ground.

Having a street driven Z that run's 10's is impressive. Your car gives me hope I can get into the 10's if I go to the ET drag tires. Is your car certified for the 10's (roll bar, driveline lop, etc...) If not, did the track officials hassle you?

Very nice! What mods do you have done and how much power are you making? What are your front spring rates?

Having a street driven Z that run's 10's is impressive. Your car gives me hope I can get into the 10's if I go to the ET drag tires. Is your car certified for the 10's (roll bar, driveline lop, etc...) If not, did the track officials hassle you?

Thanks dude, I have an 8 point cage, harnesses, drive shaft loop, open lug nuts, metal valve stems/caps, fire resistant jacket, battery under the hood. Seems like I've got all that you would need, but the tech guy told me that I could not run under an 11.5 or else I would be kicked out. After running sun 11.5, 6 times in a row the lady who gives you the time slips told me that she was asked to check my car and make sure I've got a cage, and a fire jacket. Once she saw it she told me to go have some fun. Some people had big problems with the tech there, and some people passes with flying colors.

Very nice! What mods do you have done and how much power are you making? What are your front spring rates?

Front springs are a 125lb spring rate. I've got just about every bolt on I can get. I've got PRC stage 2.5 truck heads on there. CNC ported with biggie valves. Fast 92mm intake and PTM 92mm throttle body, Magic Stick 3 cam with a 113LSA, Dual 3" exhaust with an X pipe. 36lb / hr. injectors. I would guess I'm making somewhere in the 450 hp range. I'll be getting it dynoed sooner then later. I'm at the point where the next mod is going to get expensive, stroker motor... Super charger... Nitrous? Turbo again? Hahaha

Front springs are a 125lb spring rate. I've got just about every bolt on I can get. I've got PRC stage 2.5 truck heads on there. CNC ported with biggie valves. Fast 92mm intake and PTM 92mm throttle body, Magic Stick 3 cam with a 113LSA, Dual 3" exhaust with an X pipe. 36lb / hr. injectors. I would guess I'm making somewhere in the 450 hp range. I'll be getting it dynoed sooner then later. I'm at the point where the next mod is going to get expensive, stroker motor... Super charger... Nitrous? Turbo again? Hahaha

Ok so this was done NA. I love it. Go nitrous man the stock bottom end can take a 100-150 shot no problem and it's cheap. I'm hoping to run 10s NA as well and 9s with juice.

ColtGT4g63's run from the stands...:D

http://www.motorgen.com/vid/showphoto.php/photo/935/cat/535

(Dave if you want this vid (and maybe others) of your car in hi res I think they will email it to you if you sign up for their site)

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

same pics REAL BIG..lol: http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/834/IMG_0045.JPG

http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/834/IMG_0141.JPG

http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/834/IMG_0044.JPG

http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/834/IMG_0152.JPG

DSC_3144.jpg

Me vs My girlfriends 2002 WS6: longtubes, lid, tune...makes 340rwhp (She's not allowed to be faster than me :-P)

DSC_3054.jpg

DSC04388.jpg

I think nitrous will be my last resort. I like the whole idea of being able to start the car, put in pump gas and go. I don't want to have to worry about "re-filling" my horse power.

That video is sweet man!! I would love to get a Hi res copy of it. Just sign up and request it?

I would love to get a Hi res copy of it. Just sign up and request it?

From what I've found they go out and film to get people to sign up for their website...I assume cuz they get more $$ from sponsors with more members (asside from the enjoyment and praise)...

Heres a quote from LS1tech:

A4Blk98SS

Teching In

My Garage

Trader Rating: 0

icon1.gif

It was fun watching you guys race today. For everyone that came and got a sticker we got all of you at least once and in most cases multiple times. I took 62 videos total today including a couple with the 2010 Camaro. With any luck we should have them up at our site by the end of the week, so keep your eyes open. If anyone wants high resolution copies just send me a PM and I'll get it to you. In addition my wife too hundreds of pictures from the start area. Those should be up in about a week as well. Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Its basically an Auto power bolt in hoop. The one that bolts into 4 spots total. And I welded two bars that go back off of it. And then two side bars. I don't really have any pics of it, sorry. Could take some if you were interested.

If you could take a few pics, that'd be great.

I'll be building it myself, but I want a few ideas before I dive in head first.

Did you notice the car being any stiffer after the install?

Thanks again!!