HybridZ

my car as of June 5 2009 *pics* paint

big-phil

Just call up Chip Foose & the gang @ overhaulin' Then the Z would be done in 7 days!

With so much bog and shotty work that it would be rusting 7 days after you got it back.

Where are you Big Phil?

I haven't seen a post from him in ages. You haven't gone postal on the painter have you?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big Phil, I feel your pain but dont worry about the timeline it takes for your painter. I myself got into the classic car business about five years ago. Besides Maco, I must have been turned down by 10 body shops before I found a bodyman/Painter to even take on an All-over paint job.

Body shops take a loss $$$ because while it takes them a month to perform a 3k paint-job they could have made 20k in Fender Benders all paid by insurances. I have to hear my painter bitch every time I get a car painted.

Oh the House of Kolor stuff is not really worth the money unless you have a $15-20k paint job and then presuming that you trailer your car every where. As long as you use a Clearcoat with lots of UV protection you should be golden. Every Brand name like Sherwin or Glassur aka BASF have their cheap stuff and Hi-end product-Line. We use Southern Polyurethane for our clear, it cost $200 and it makes a sprayable 2gal, that stuff goes on like glass.

well you asked for it, but not near as many times as I have. Doors, hood, hatch, and the rest should be done by Sunday. Then color sand and buff, and ready to start putting it all back together!

I tried posting a new thread but it wont let me?

th_1248992739.jpg

th_1248992770.jpg

th_1248992819.jpg

th_1248992831.jpg

th_1248992862.jpg

th_1248992869.jpg

th_1248992831.jpg

Hurrah! Now was it still wet or what? Looks like you didn't get much orange peel at all! I on the other hand, have a ton, but thats why you wet sand. :]

You'll have to constantly clean the rear end now, the burnt rubber will standout on that green. haha

Hurrah! Now was it still wet or what? Looks like you didn't get much orange peel at all! I on the other hand, have a ton, but thats why you wet sand. :]

You'll have to constantly clean the rear end now, the burnt rubber will standout on that green. haha

no not wet. It looks awesome but he will still wet sand and buff