HybridZ

Who rebuilds CLSD's?

01vincer6

I have an 88zx turbo r200 clsd diff that needs completely rebuilt. I will replace all of the bearings and seals in the diff but I dont know where to find the clutch packs nor want to tackle the teardown and install. If someone knows where to send the clsd off to let me know. I already have the clsd out of the diff.

Also if anyone knows where to get all of the bearings and seals for the diff that are not on back order post up some part numbers and links or details..

Thanks!:mrgreen:

The clutches are NLA from Nissan, and they were $30 EACH when you could get them which is a horrible rip off. You might consider swapping out the spacers for 4 more clutches from Gary Savage (if he still has any) and then shimming it to suit. I have a sticky thread on shimming and Austin 240hoke has one on putting in the extra clutches. It's really not a difficult job at all.

Replacing the bearings is a LOT harder than doing the LSD. I would think any differential shop should be able to swap parts into the LSD. Finding someone to test it properly is probably a little more tricky if you're looking to hit xx lbs breakaway.

You can't just swap the ring gear. You can swap the LSD into a diff with 3.54s. Lots of documentation on this, but you need to search. I wrote a FAQ post on installing the LSD into an open diff. That should help you a lot.

I have been searching and reading all of your posts. :mrgreen: Im just getting tired from all of the reading and looking for a quick answer.

There are 3.36 LSD's out there...in European Turbos. Euro Z31 Turbos specifically.

The S130 Turbo came with an R200 but it wasn't LSD.

There's the source for the ring gears you wanted...now go get 'em!

It will neither be cheap, fast, nor easy so....

There are 3.36 LSD's out there...in European Turbos. Euro Z31 Turbos specifically.

The S130 Turbo came with an R200 but it wasn't LSD.

There's the source for the ring gears you wanted...now go get 'em!

It will neither be cheap, fast, nor easy so....

Thanks thats the size that will be better for me. I will start looking

You can't just swap the ring gear. You can swap the LSD into a diff with 3.54s. Lots of documentation on this, but you need to search. I wrote a FAQ post on installing the LSD into an open diff. That should help you a lot.

are you sure about this??

because i installed a 3.54 gear set into my CLSD. no problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...