HybridZ

A few Pics the from the weekends run through the Santa Monica mountains

Bigdeezs

i remember when i was first getting into motorcycles there was a small canyon by my house with a dirt trail that ran along side the edge and once while riding the bike down the trail, i went farther down then i normally go and about 40mph i saw about 100 feet in front of me where the trail takes a left and the edge of a 350 foot cliff began, needless to say i slammed on the brakes, laid it down and watched the bike plummet off the edge, after that i have only driven/riden on canyons and mountains with guard rails, my current favorite is highway 74 that connects sun city to palm springs, if you can make it to sun city from the start of 74 in under 45 minutes you have truly earned the right to be called a driver.

If you want to really understand my story, go do like I said and turn right onto Decker. Go down 4 turns, then pull over wherever you can. Get out and go to the edge of the cliff, and look down. You'll see that if you rolled a car there, you'd have to go about 250 feet down the cliff before you stopped. I don't know how many times we went over, but I'd guess 10.

what does that mean then?

If it's not clear now, it's never going to be. End result of the experience was STOPPING the canyon running and picking up autox and track days. As I said before, the autox and track days allow you to push WAY harder without the same consequences. I thought I was driving fast in the canyons until I started actually racing and found out that I had my head in my ass for the most part...