HybridZ

vendors for remanufatured turbos

madkaw

I am looking for suggestions(and prices if you have them) for rebuilt turbocharger units for zxt cars. I have tried to contact the following

Gearhead-649$, needs my core-2-3 days rebuilt

Turbo power-649$ need my core-2-3 day rebuilt

quality turbo chargers-?

Blaylock-left message-?

MJM-?

Gpop- 12 day turnaround right now

MSA- no cores, need mine -decent price

I need some suggestions guys

Well MJM recieved my business today. I really don't know much about them except for talking to them . Their price(495$) was better then anyones and they actually had one on the shelf and shipped the same day.( core charger is high 300$, but they hold for 30 days for you to ship your to them) Most places I was looking weeks to get my turbo rebuilt. The shops that quoted me 2 day rebuilds were 200$ buck more. The warranties seem to be about the same -90 days. Msa had a very good price but they had nothing on hand, so I would have to send it to CA(3 days) , then they would send it out for overhaul (3 days) and ship it back(3 days). None of this is a good situation for a daily driver.

Several places I sent e-mails for price quotes-no response, I guess business is so good they don't need anymore. Now to try and fix my down pipe. By the way, Courtesy Nissan said I got the last oil supply line in the country:shock:

Zul8tr,

thanks for the offer. The down pipe studs all broke off when trying to disconnect the collector. I plan on replacing the the exhaust soon enough and doing away with that downpipe all together. For now, I just welded the collector flange to the ends of the broken bolts to hold it together. Actually I couldn't even separate the Jpipe from the rest of the pipe since they were rusted together and welded from the heat.

The turbo came today and I already have it installed as well as that crappy exhaust. Now I am just waiting for the new oil line to arrive.

I was disappointed with the turbo since I had to chase 2 of the threads on the exhaust side before installing the downpipe. I hope this is not an indicator of the workmanship. I did call them and told them to ding QC in the head for not doing their job.

Hey, are you going to Nashville on the 27th.

Madkaw...I needed an oxy torch to seperate my downpipe from the exhaust at the flange.

My 26 yo original turbo finally died. I pulled the one from my extra L28ET and it needs rebuilding too. Local Indy shop quoted me $750-900!!!! I call BS on that. I can get a new GT3076R for not much more. Trying to decide what to do right now. Rebuild or replace. Ultimate goal is 350-400RWHP, so rebuild would be a waste of funds, but replace is $$$. Trying to be thrifty right now.

I do not plan on being at the MW Z Heritage Show in Nashville. Long story that would involve many beers. If you go on the IndyZ site, check out the 280ZX tech section, you can easily find my (ZUL8TR) rebuild thread. Sorry I never finished updating. Again, part of that long, stupid story.

• 5 months later...