HybridZ

New to the World of Z cars (Bought a 240Z pic's inside)

Yeah, looks pretty good for 1800. I woulda bought it. my wife woulda said why do we need another car... yeah... you get used to it. Anyway, it doesn't look like it needs that much, but If you're going to keep it stock, the best thing I can tell you is to take care of all that rust first. It is a series I so it IS a rare car. though not impossible to find. You'll want to look into classic car insurance, because if it gets wreaked, that'll be about the only way you'll get any real $ back. and insurance is cheap. Look also at sealing the dash under the cowel, that's likely why you have rust on your floorboards. I know this is hybridz, but I subscribe to the early Vin, don't fark with it side, so don't fark with it, just fix and enjoy. BUT on the other hand, it's YOUR car, you do with it what you will. If you want to drop an RB, or a VQ, or even LS in it then go for it, we'll help, it's your choice and your wallet.

Definitely read through all the stickies, they'll help you more than anything against getting flamed, and going in with knowledge is your biggest weapon. Also of course the SEARCH function will tell you a lot. I guarantee everything you want to do to the car has been discussed, so read up, then start posting more pictures. Oh, also, any budget you have already, you might as well double.. Classic cars aren't inexpensive...

Phar

Awesome buy, I got mine for 1800 its wasn't as clean as yours for sure, missing bumpers and interior pieces. Our cars were practically born together, im 11691 10/70 production date. Needless to say ive hacked into my z quite a bit but I felt if I was under the 10000 mark I would have cared more about keeping it original.

Well i just replaced the spark plugs, plug wires and fuel filter; also rebuilt the SU carbs and she started right up.

This is my first car with carburetors; and i was under the impression that you had to crank it a couple of times to get fuel into the carbs and start her up (at least that's what the seller told me). But damn the old girl fired right up in the first try with no fuss.

cool deal, yeah with mechanical fuel pumps you usually have to do some cranking, though yours might have both an electric and a mechanical pump to just an electric pump which would eliminate the need for a lot of cranking.

So start posting up some more picts!

most of the rare parts on a early z are the tool boxes behind the seats, the steering wheel, an uncracked dash, the 2400 valve cover, the non hole heat shield for the carbs, the air box without the lower tube, and the seat brackets and adjusters are different than the later 240z's....nice car love series 1...i just picked up number 7081 and my buddy has 5xxx

Nice find, but this car needs alot of restoration. Could be a serious money pit. :icon45:

Lol if you think that car is a money pit, you probably will not want a Z car.

Nice find man and one hell of a steal.

I hope no one kills me but even if a car is sub 10,000 production number, I would still probably swap a v8 in it.