HybridZ

Seriously cool car.

deja

I was driving in the Z up I-85 in Atlanta comfortably cruising at 75 mph, yeah I was speeding but its Atlanta...speed or get run over, :icon56:. Anyway I look in the mirror and see a car I have never seen coming up on my right. I had no clue what it was other than it looked badass. As it got closer I saw the Audi rings on the front but still had no clue. When he passed me, totally ignoring me BTW, I saw the R8 logo on the rear. Unfortunately I got stuck in traffic, imagine that happening in Atlanta, and he got too far ahead of me to really follow. This is a beautiful car and after looking up the specs I was even more impressed. A longitudinally mounted 420 hp V8 mid engine using Audi's 'trademark' Quattro permanent four wheel drive system. Of course any car costing north of $115K is going to be impressive.

Funny, I just saw one of those for the first time yesterday. I was walking to my truck to leave for work, and I heard a v8 accelerating from the stop light nearby. It was brief, but reminded me of an old-school muscle car note...maybe I was still waking up and disoriented, who knows. Anyways, I looked up to see a white R8 passing by. I stared it down until it sped out of sight. Although I didn't really care for the pictures of it upon its release, after seeing it in person, I agree, it's seriously a cool car.

I was driving home from work yesterday with the cruise set at 80 (I know) when I see in my rear view mirror a car coming up on me fast. I see the LED driving lights and big grille and imediately think R8. I move over and when it gets closer I see the S5 badge on the grille. The car looks good in pictures but it's absolutely beautiful on the road. Has a detuned version of the R8's V8.

20071109155527_audi_s5.jpeg