HybridZ

Increasing turn radius

Guest ttoude

Guest ttoude

First day with S30 and one huge diff from my FB (RX7) is the turning radius. Its WAY bigger in the Z is there an option to decrease this? or is this type of mod even necessary and I'm fretting over nothing......

It's a longer car with a longer wheelbase and probably less wheel angle at full lock. It's a characteristic of the car that probably isn't worth attempting to change.

I imagine you'd have to make huge modifications to DECREASE your overall turn radius.

I think the biggest problem you'll run into is if you increase the steering angle, the inner portion would start hitting things. So you'd also have to make the track wider.

Yep. Front of tire hits frame rail or rear of tire hits TC rod usually.

Get the shorter steering knuckles. It will help some. I need to get them.

ditto, this is exactly what I was thinking. I used to love how tight my 83' RX-7 turn radius was. it would be hard to match that. Gotta love being able to turn around in a standard 24' side street with room to spare. GSLX or GSXL -13B was mine, it rocked, I never shoulda sold it. but hey it got me back into Z's...

Phar