HybridZ

My 2JZGTE 240z is moving to PA...

Z-Gad

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Mason Dixon Dragway for some test passes tomorrow (Friday 9/4) if anyone is in the area and would like to stop out. Feel free to come up and introduce yourself. I'll be in the yellow 71 240z :-)

So are these the first passes since the rearend upgrade?? make sure you get some video would love to see how it does.

Hi Clint, been watching your progress as well... Looking awesome :2thumbs:

I've made a handfull of test passes w/ the new rear end upgrade, but was having problems getting the 88mm turbo to stay spooled... it appears that I was getting compressor surge and ended up going back to the 76mm turbo. I don't know if I will have anyone to shoot video tonight, but I'll see what I can do. I am just looking at getting some base numbers in the different air and get the meth kit dialed in at higher boost levels (30+ psi). The weather looks awesome though... should be in the high 60's, low 70's and dry ...

The car did put on 100 lbs with the R230 and the parachute mount. I now weigh in at 2850 w/ driver, up from the 2750 before.

Mike

Good luck Mike. Keep in mind that you are on a new track, no one really knows what your car can do..... get my drift.... anyway if you get too fast tonight you may be required the window net ASAP. I am sure you are looking for an excuse to get the net justified so go ahead and get kicked out.. Just kidding.... Hope you have a great outing... Keep us up to date.

Are you coming down for the word street finals in Orlando?

Crappy night for me...

Tech was strict for a t-n-t night

My competition license expired 2 months ago, so I was limited to 10.0 times. I had the relay for my nitrous kit fail, so I couldn't build boost at the line. I would drive out to the 330' mark before the car would wake up... All and all, just a frustrating night...

I'll get everything sorted out and be ready next time.

Oh, and got pulled over by the local police on my way back from the track in the small town I moved back to.. Wasn't doing anything wrong, but they just wanted to see my license, registration, and proof of insurance... again frustrating...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Techno Toy Tuning rear suspension w/ coilovers and Tokiko Illuminas...

Unknown name lowering springs w/ Koni adjustables in the front.

BTW, added a couple of new pics after the move to my photo album...