HybridZ

My 2JZGTE 240z is moving to PA...

Z-Gad

Don't worry, I am going with it ... LOL :wink:

After much deliberation, my wife and I are relocating to the town I grew up in (Waynesboro, PA). My family is still in the area, and we are looking forward to a more rural, lower stress, slower paced lifestyle, accompanied by a change of seasons. Having lived in Orlando for the last 18 years, it is a bitter-sweet decision. We will be leaving behind some very close relationships that we have developed, and will never be able to replace. Having said that, I do not wish to dwell on the negative, but look forward to a new chapter in our lives. The nearest dragstrip (of great importance to me atleast) is around 20 minutes away (Mason Dixon Dragway), so hopefull I'll run into some other HybridZ members in the area. I expect to make a couple of test-n-tunes this fall with some local racers I know. I haven't told them I am moving up, but will let it be a surprise. I'll post up here before I go, so I can catch up with anyone in the area.

Regards, Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you and family Mike!! Will you be flying out of that area now?

Thanks Joel, I appreciate it. i will still be based out of Atlanta, but will probably be commuting out of the DC area. I haven't decided whether to fly out of BWI, Dulles, or Harrisburg. I have options.

Based out of Atlanta? Are you working here?

I am based in Atlanta (pilot). However, I venture out as far as the airport, or the shuttle bus to a hotel room if I cannot catch a commute home after work...

Joe, hope to see you in Carlisle

Thanks Yasin ... we were looking into Pittsburgh at one time, but it's not exactly getting away from the hustle and bustle.

Scottie, you know it hasn't been an easy decision...

Mike,

I was born in Western NY and grew up in PSL, Florida for 15+ years from the late 70's-90's. The house I grew up in was the only one off of the main drag and now my town has just blown up. I go back and visit the family and can't believe the changes every time, I don’t think construction has stopped since early '90.

The Northeast isn't bad, seasons are nice and winters have been hit and miss over the past decade. I have been up here since '98, separated from the military in '03 and settled for the area. I live far enough out of the city that it's not bad at all where I am. Now you are only a few hours from many of us. MIR is 20 minutes from me!

Change is always hard but change can be good, everything happens for a reason.

Best of luck! :2thumbs:

You know that Zs don't do well in the snow, right?

I wouldn't be so sure...

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

With a way less than optimal setup, mine mashed through last winter way better than I expected! Great doughnuts and sideways action :2thumbs:

Good luck with the move!

I wouldn't be so sure...

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

With a way less than optimal setup, mine mashed through last winter way better than I expected! Great doughnuts and sideways action :2thumbs:

Good luck with the move!

You're givin me chills!!!

Thx all for the positive comments, I'll update you all as the move goes on :wink: