HybridZ

Off to Sydney Australia!

Tony D

Well, not to be Outdone by Challenger, I'm off for a month to Sydney Australia.

Any of you Aussie Blokes in the region (or not so much in the region...) send me a PM and maybe we can arrange a meeting on some of my time off during this little interval.

I'm arriving Thursday the 13th into Sydney Airport, 0630. I'm sure my local distribution contacts will want to beer me up for some period of time, but I'm not adverse to putting off their free beer for mutually split beer costs!:mrgreen:

During the week I am told I will be out at Dora Creek (?) at some Energy Facility. But from what I'm understanding, the weekends may be fairly free.

start your weekend off in kings cross, after about 1am on a friday night it really starts to get 'fun'

hmm, dora creek is a couple of hours north of sydney.

quite close to newcastle though, there are a few blokes in newcastle with some real nice zeds.

might pay to drop a line on the oz forums like AusZcar and meet up with them??

i was there 2 weeks last summer.very clean town.very expensive for food.the weather this time of year is perfect.i am getting ready to go home after 2 weeks in nyc.problem is my company doesnt send me out for sight seeing.been working 12 hour days plus last saturday.i was amazed that bank pay good interest on saving deposits there.

Newcastle, you say....

Hmmmmm. Sylvan tells me he's bringing his Surfboard in the van for surfing off Newcastle on the weekend.

I never brought the surfboard to a jobsite. But then again, I don't know how to surf...

Hi Tony, I'm in Brisbane Australia. If you get a chance check out http://www.viczcar.com . It's the biggest and most active z site in the land down under.

I'm sure the Syndey blokes would love to organise a meet with you. Feel free to sign up and see who is keen. Also if you want a lift from the airport I have organised a Z taxi service where basically people with Z's offer to go pickup other people with z's from the airport haha. Anyway I mentioned your trip on that thread here... http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3761.0.html We haven't actually used the service yet but I think it's a good idea in theory ;)

Have fun in Oz and if you make it up to sunny queensland let us know :)

Nice time of year to visit, still winter but no snow around Sydney but be warned, expensive for visitors. Plenty of beaches, no need to go to Newcastle which is a fair way away, very long way away from where I live :)

Hope you enjoy, some of us are cunts but not everyone :D

Expensive? That is why you travel on the company dime, right?!?!

I have not found the prices objectionable. Maybe my company controller will...but I don't! LOL

Got most of the Paperwork Albatross off my neck today, which should free up some time in subsequent weekends.

And I find that on August 21st, Alice Cooper plays the Newcastle Entertainment Centre... so I may have stuff to do afterall!

And I've been informed of a big car show in Sydney on the 23rd...whats a couple of hours driving for a car show? I do it regularly in L.A.

There, it's only 20 miles in 2 hours. I think the reward for the 2 hours of Aussie Driving will be more than the L.A. drive!

Now, if only the customer cooperates and doesn't push for a NOW NOW NOW schedule involving overtime and weekend work...

(Fingers Crossed)