HybridZ

I Finally Painted my Z

Bartman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the positive comments! I have to tell you I'm really stoked about the way this is coming out. It's actually exceeding my expectations. Here's some pic's with the black parts sanded and polished. As you can see the black came out nice and shiny. The hood is just set in place, so it's not lined up quite right, but you can see I painted the leading edge to help bring the blue around the front. Everything other than the black and carbon fiber still needs to be sanded and polished.

PaintedZ_039.jpg

PaintedZ_040.jpg

PaintedZ_041.jpg

I bought all my paint from tcpglobal.com and I used Restoration Shop urethane basecoat/clearcoat system. The colors are:

#2101 Sterling Silver Metallic

#2506 Electric Blue Metallic

#1901 Jet Black (Gloss)

If you go with a single color you can get a ready-to-spray kit for around $230 that includes 1 Gal. BASECOAT COLOR, 1 Gal. REDUCER, 1 Gal. CLEARCOAT, 1 Qt. HARDENER, Sticks & Strainers.

Bart,

Looks really good man!!!

Here we are again doing basically the same type work on our cars at the same time. :)

I want you to know I didn't see this thread until tonight. If I had I probably would've thought twice about the color scheme I chose for my car, which would have been a shame.

Thanks everyone, and Ken there would have been no reason to think twice about your color scheme.

I'm working on getting it completed just about every day, and last night I got the carbon fiber hatch installed with the stock latch and glass. So a pic from the arse end will be coming in the near future...

Who did you end up getting the CF hatch from and you made your own brackets to get it to work with stock hinges? I would like to use stock hinges on the hood and hatch.

I got my carbon fiber hood, hatch and cowl from Raconusa.com. In order to install the hatch I removed the part of the hinge that's welded onto the stocker and bolted it on to the cf hatch. Here's a link to my CF Hatch thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=151503

Here's a couple shot's with the cf hatch installed with the stock glass.

PaintedZ_005.jpg

PaintedZ_002.jpg

I was informed by my wife that I have to replace the tail light panel with a carbon fiber one. What's funny about that is she used to not like carbon fiber, and was unhappy when I started ordering cf pieces. Go figure...

So if anyone knows where I can get a deal on a cf tail light panel, let me know. If nothing else, I guess I'll just order one from MSA.