HybridZ

Is my 240 somehow a fake?

I was reading in the JTR (Jags that Run) conversion book, and it says and shows that the '70 240Z console is shorter than all of the other models, and the shift is slightly further back. It also says the later consoles wont fit in the '70 240Z, but it fits just fine in mine. The VIN identifies it as a '70 240, as does the registration. Anything else that I can look for to identify it as a '70 240Z or not? I'd really like to not have any doubt. :(

Yeah, behind the seats, are there two lids/storage compartments, or about 10 holes, roughly 2" in diameter? I really doubt anyone would take the time to modify/remove those.

Your 240z has an L28 and 5spd right? I have an early 240z, with an L28 and 5spd, and the shifter hole is trimmed to allow the shifter to fit, since it is farther forward. Later 240z consoles fit in mine just fine as well.

your car looks damn good for being #2188

Thanks. One of the great benefits of being a California car. The prev owner took good care of it and did some nice work on it.

that seat looks the same as the seats I have in my CRX; PO said they were Integra seats I believe?

Not sure. They were there when i bought it. They do look integra-style thought. I had an 89 prelude that had very similar seats. I might seek them out for redoing the interior as the prelude had a very nice adjustable lumbar support, and adjustable "hugging" sides.