HybridZ

FUEL GAGE QUESTION FROM JAPAN

Corzette

Guest Anonymous

Thats how mine is, I used a autometer gauge for a Chev sender and the stock Datsun sender when it starts getting 'full' I look for gas haha... Its only a problem if you don't know about it... :D

(in my situation I found later from Pete on his site that a Autometer for a Ford sender would have been closer and just require some 'tweeking' to make it work right)

Electronic Guru's, is there a way to invert the signal of ohms to the meter from 0 - 90 to like 90 - 0, my limited electronics tells me this is probably not possible, but thought I'd ask..

Regards,

Lone

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Yeah I can't wait to get the Z up and rollin. I am doing a complete restore...ALL NEW PARTS and performance upgrades....FUEL CELL, BRAKES, SUSPENSION, NEW ZINC FLOOR PANS ETC....I am sure you know the routine. Thanks Mike for mailing the rods etc...hey you can say you have a part of you in Japan as well. I will be asking more questions when I start putting the engine together. Everyone is running the 180SX (240SX in the states)over here with Turbo or Soarers or Skylines. I think I should do some major damage provided I put everything together right. I will keep all updated. How can I post pics? I will take vids of some races when I get it running...the Japanese are fricken crazy!!

CorZette

corvette,

a v-8 z is cool but dont fool yourself... your gonna need 450-500 rwhp to hang with the big boys. those 4 banger silvia (sr20) are strong when built right... there are also alot of stealth swaps... the are several 180s and silvias with 500hp+ rb26 jamed into the bay. an old friend of mine has a 20 B side port turbo in his second gen rx-7 pushing 600+ rwhp.. and i agree they are freakin crazy ;>

Stony, I totally understand...I am a visitor here and I am not trying to be the fasyes. I can say that I should be the most unique however. If I decide to retire here I will spend the money and drop an 871 and Big Block in. That would get some attention. I talked to Matt and he is going to give me an estimate on doing full length custom headers for me. he can make them in Stainless or Titanium. WHY WHY would anyone want Titanium...they will crack. Anyway...Ill keep ya informed.

Terry

Owen, I have thought about that. Do you think Hybridz would allow it! There is one other hybrid coming soon with his car and Heather Jackson is coming here without. I am going to all the car shows here when I get done and they have a drag that is only 330 feet but fun I am sure. The guys I seen are running 6.30s and 40s in the 330. What 1/4 mile time does that equate too...could someone tell me?

Terry

In your case i would deal with no one but matt!!!!! he is the S^&T hail.gif

he has alot of connections and can get parts usually alot cheaper then the local guys. If he says he can do it ,,, he can ,,, and it will be done well hail.gif

at any rate you are prabably the only v-8 Z on the island unless some japanese has one hidden somewhere and when word gets out and american has one if there are any they will come out ;> 2thumbs.gif

you are in my boat right now;> you have a american engine in japan.. i have a japan engine in USA

rock on dude rockon.gif <<<< i like this one ;>

l8rz