HybridZ

Pictures of My Girls!!

slownrusty

Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm that is not the front spoiler on my car. It is made by a now defunct Japanese Tuner company, I actually bought the spoilers straight from them many many years ago. I will have to dig up my records it was Junction something or Garage something.

The name slips me right now.

I am lucky if my socks match in the morning.

Yasin

I can confirm that is not the front spoiler on my car. It is made by a now defunct Japanese Tuner company, I actually bought the spoilers straight from them many many years ago. I will have to dig up my records it was Junction something or Garage something.

The name slips me right now.

I am lucky if my socks match in the morning.

Yasin

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I guess I just really like the look of the ZX without the front bumper. I'd like to see your car with the hood on it and no front bumper. Maybe make some kind of tasteful custom front grille?

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I guess I just really like the look of the ZX without the front bumper. I'd like to see your car with the hood on it and no front bumper. Maybe make some kind of tasteful custom front grille?

I ran my 280zx without a front bumper for a day. I do a lot of highway driving and It made my frontend VERY floaty it was every where. Yes it does look alot better but thats just my experience.

aerodynamics kick in, when the bumper that used to deflect air over the hood*and weigh the nose down* is removed ALOT more air gets into the engine bay than the car was ever desighned for and will generate quite a bit of lift on the nose.

floaty is indeed the correct term as thats exactly what the car tries to do in that sit.

I ran my 280zx without a front bumper for a day. I do a lot of highway driving and It made my frontend VERY floaty it was every where. Yes it does look alot better but thats just my experience.

Wait until you try and pass big rigs like that, you'll pick up the seat with you when you get out!

Beautiful cars Yasin!

I just had to add my $.02 . These cars are an example of hard work, reasearch, and determination on Yasins part. Kudos to you, you have raised the bar for us S130 guys and I for one, appreciate it. Again, Beautiful cars.

Wow...many thanks! That is one of the nicest things I have read about my cars...I do greatly aprpeciate you comments. You made my day.

Many thanks again.

Yasin

• 4 months later...

Thanks guys! Its coming along...s-l-o-w-l-y!

To answer your questions:

- The wheels are 17 x 9.5" all the way around.

- No spacers

- 275/40 Rear

- 245/45 Front

- Suspension is a full coilovers front and rear which I had to re-do to fit the dang wheels! 9.5" wheels do not fit all that well on the ZX unless they are around a -25mm offset. These are -19mm which is all that is available.

- Front Air Dam was purchased many years ago by a Japanese Body Kit Manufacturer that is now defunct.

Yasin

Hey Yasin, I got to admit your s130 look awesome! love the stance and wheel and tire combo. Great choice. It`s one of the biggest pains in the *ss to pull that look off, especially with the limited wheel options for the 280ZX.I`ve been there and back on wheels for my ZX and Im still not completely satisfied with my wheel and tire package. As for the front air damn I do beleive it to be a Bob Sharp Racing air dam. look just like the one on my ZX except for mine, I custom molded driving light into it.

post-392-12695705229117_thumb.jpg

Look with out front bumper!

post-392-1269571172915_thumb.jpg

post-392-12695712449094_thumb.jpg

Hey Yasin! Since we are on the topic of your front air dam......I had a boo boo the other day....and....I broke mine in half :( . Luckly my friend does fiberglass repair and is fixing it for me(the incident happened right in front of his shop).

Hey Yasin! Since we are on the topic of your front air dam......I had a boo boo the other day....and....I broke mine in half :( . Luckly my friend does fiberglass repair and is fixing it for me(the incident happened right in front of his shop).

Man, sorry to hear that!! Mine was badly broken in a few places from shipping when it came from Japan, but the beauty of FRP is that it can be repaired! What did you hit?