HybridZ

Pictures of My Girls!!

slownrusty

Hey Yasin,

I love the pics of your girls. I own an s130 and up until now I've always thought I'd eventually be selling it so I can work on an s30 due to the looks. Although after seeing those pics I'm starting to think that with some work the s130's can really look good!

I think it might be time for me to start saving to get some wheels with a nice big dish.....

Thanks guys! Its coming along...s-l-o-w-l-y!

To answer your questions:

- The wheels are 17 x 9.5" all the way around.

- No spacers

- 275/40 Rear

- 245/45 Front

- Suspension is a full coilovers front and rear which I had to re-do to fit the dang wheels! 9.5" wheels do not fit all that well on the ZX unless they are around a -25mm offset. These are -19mm which is all that is available.

- Front Air Dam was purchased many years ago by a Japanese Body Kit Manufacturer that is now defunct.

Yasin

hat to say it but not true, a more negative offset would put them farther into your fender here is my dads 80 280zx with tokico illuminas all around with eibach lowering springs and sways (suspension set-ups ofcourse affect the results but his are 9 fronts and 9.5 rears with 235 and 275 tires

normal_old_school_meet_029.JPG

normal_old_school_meet_027.JPG

2h5tno0.jpg

Nope slownrusty is correct on offset..

Negative offset moves the wheels out, positive offset moves the wheels in.

"a more negative offset would put them farther into your fender"

Wow guess you might want to actually read my post...If the wheels had a more negative offset like he's saying,then they would put even more of that 9.5 inches into the fender that its already close enough to if not rubbing already. If it was a less negative or a + offset it would push the wheel into his coilovers.

SO, again if they were a -25 instead of -19 they would be even more pushed out and make the tires/wheels rub on the fender.

I'd post pics of your car but its pretty simple to say its a "widebody" with a 7.5in wide wheel...I like your car but i dont think you should be talking about offset when you need alot wider tires, a more negative offset, or some big spacers to fill it out.

Here's a prime examples (all are my cars except for dads zx) this is what a z's/zx's wheel fitment should look like...flush and filled out with No spacer, just a good fat wheel with a nice negative offset.

15x8 -13 offset

2m2dnv6.jpg

30uwj9d.jpg

15x8 -30 and 15x10 -45

25g748m.jpg

and rota 17x9 -13 and 17x9.5 -19

2r58fhu.jpg

Yasin, looking really good! Can't wait until you get the engine on the white car fully sorted and find out what she's capable of doing.

FYI to the rest of you, I've been fortunate to see Yasin's cars in person and the pictures don't do the cars justice. His attention to detail is amazing.

And maybe if you ask real nice, he'll start another thread with his red Porsche turbo and truly stock low-miles Roadster :)

• 2 weeks later...