HybridZ

Turbo LS1 240z Build

Very Nice yessir. That was one of the turbo's I was considering. I still am actually. I also am interested in the new efr turbo's I think the 68mm (the biggest) will be to small though.

The track opens this saturday so I will hopefully have good news after that. I'm very excited.

I'm running custom tubular manifold. They might be up for sale soon.

Update from this weekend.

200429_1611729898838_1403978901_31335033_4209697_n.jpg

199643_1928998104152_1218183901_2294325_7792447_n.jpg

199507_1928997864146_1218183901_2294324_6873374_n.jpg

Well the day at the track didn't go as I hoped. But that's racing right. I can't remember if it was Aj or Erik that said it but "well you built a supra!" The car wouldn't build boost on the line to save my life. Even sitting on the t-brake it would only go to 2psi. Half track the car came alive and was a total monster. It trapped 138 mph but its still in the 11's with horrible 2.1 60fts. Testing the car a couple nights previously it would build 5psi without the t-brake. I'm thinking it was the cooler air at this point. Now I have to come up with a plan to fix the launch issue. Higher stall, N20, or maybe a turbo kit redesign. Better start saving my pennies lol.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1581708396272

• 1 month later...

I started a thread to get some feedback on my setup on ls1tech. This update is the result of that feed back. I'm trying to optimize my setup. I order a billet ptc 5500 stall converter. I also redesigned the turbo kit. My goals for the turbo kit were to get the turbo away for the t-body, make it a truly divided all the way to the turbine housing, down size from 3 inch to 2.5 inch crossover for quicker spool. I also wanted to be able to check my spark plugs without having to pull the manifolds and make it easier to swap a cam later on. I think I might even be able to add a filter now.

datconverter.jpg

ztranygoingin.jpg

manifolds.jpg

newturbo1.jpg

newturbo2.jpg

newturbo3.jpg

newturbo4.jpg

newturbo5.jpg

newturbo6.jpg

newturbo7.jpg

I still have to remount the coil packs and make new spark plug wires.

Sqc Tuning sponsored and hosted a local Import/Sport Compact Race. This was the debut of the new setup. I drove it up and down the street to put it on the trailer and headed to the track. Untested and I setup the 2 step in the pits, I took it for my first qualifying pass. Did a good burn out, footbraked into the beams hit the t-brake, boost came on instantly, lights came down car took off but the back end came out on me. I let off got it straight and got back in it. Clicked off a 10.7, Alright! The 2nd pass was the first round of eliminations. I got the left lane this time and repeated my process but left at about 80% throttle on the t-brake and got a 1.5 60ft. Run went smooth and clicked off 9.56. WOOT 2 years in the making!! Run #3 back in the right lane. I went 100% out the hole, backend came out again and I got another 10.7 but won the round. Run 4 and final round I'm up against one of my guys Mr. Neon. I give him lane choice. I get the left lane again. I launch on 80% throttle and pull a 1.6 60ft and get a 9.6 @ 147mph to Aj's 10.7 (his personal best to date - great job bro!). I won the All Out Power Adder class.

racewars1.jpg

racewars2.jpg

Video Thread

Edited by sq_creations

• 1 month later...

Eric, I just want you to know that you are the reason for the LQ4 sitting on the engine stand in my garage waiting to go in my car...

I didn't even know about the LQ engine's until I started reading your build.