HybridZ

Turbo LS1 240z Build

Okay, you need to go in depth on how you're planning on running your water pump system. I see you have fittings welded on plates already. I must know more.

I also want to run an electric water pump to make setting up the pulley system easier, but it seems like the only ones for the LS motors are around $600.00. Way more than I'd be willing to spend. But it looks like you've got that figured out, and it should be super efficient.

More info plz.

My setup has the water pump attached to the radiator. you can see the 2 feed ports at the bottom and the 2 return ports in the opposite upper corner along with the upper vent tube port.

240zradiator1.jpg

Now for an update:

I got the coil brackets in and painted them along with the valve covers. I need to tap the holes for the coil bolts. I had to come up with a solution to the water crossover pipe that had been cut off. I ground flat the area, then drilled and taped for a fitting. I'm very happy with how it came out. As a last note for this entry I finally got the lifters in. Now I can put the heads on. coilbrackets.jpg

waterfitting.jpg

lifters.jpg

skip forward

The moment I have been waiting for. I got the engine in the car. I installed the lifters and put the heads on. I got the flexplate on and now the motor is on the motor mounts. I still need to attach the torque converter. I also measured the push rods with a write up that TR posted and figured out I need 3.75 push rods. So I got those ordered. I also got the weiand intake and figured out that it wasn't going to work with my oil pressure sensor along with some negative reviews and resold it. I now have on order a GMPP single plane manifold and edelbrock elbow coming. It is similar to what the previous owner ran. I also read in gmhtp that a car gained 90hp on same boost (19psi) by switching from stock manifold.

flexplateon.jpg

enginein.jpg

I have the custom engine harness pretty much done now. I just need to put it in. I got my fuel rails in the mail. They are the professional products rails. I was concerned with the internal diameter but the bore is much larger than the -8AN fittings I'm using so it should be fine. I also got the coil brackets tapped for the coil bolts. The Comp 3.75 push rods and stock rocker arms are now installed under the valve covers. I also ordered my 4inch thick 1000hp intercooler. Hopefully that is the last big purchase I need to get this thing going.

aemharness.jpg

fuelrailscoils.jpg

valvecoverson.jpg

I got my GMPP single plane intake manifold and edelbrock elbow in. I put them together and came up with a mount for the fuel rails. I still need the IM gaskets. It didn't come with any and they are not the standard ls gasket. I also got a 1/4X6X18 3/8 aluminum plate and redid the valley tray with a fitting I will run to a breather style catch can.

valleytray2.jpg

intake1.jpg

That intake / elbow looks bad to the bone! Will it fit under the stock hood? What throttle body are you going to run?

I laid the hood back on and it does look like it will clear. I have a hole in my hood so its really easy to see. I have to track down a stock hood now.

My Infinity Q45 90mm Throttle body came in on Saturday. The OEM Camaro (76mm) would not fit on the Edelbrock elbow. There was a gap at the bottom. This was one of the cases were things cascaded. I bought the stock throttle body for the Weiand manifold I decide not to use after reading some reviews. Then bought the elbow to match the stock throttle body but it didn't fit. Finally I ended up back at the Q45 throttle body I wanted. What a mess right? So now that I have the Q45 T-body I have to make it fit the Edelbrock elbow. Here is how I did it.

q45tbody1.jpg

q45tbody2.jpg

q45tbody4.jpg

q45tbody3.jpg

q45tbody5.jpg

q45tbody6.jpg

I put the intake manifold on and hooked up and tucked the injector and coil wires out of sight. The fuel lines are all hooked up. I got the turbo mounted and the driver side header on. I'm still doing wiring on the passenger side. I also have to come up with a plan on how I'm going to run the intercooler piping.

v8turbo1.jpg

v8turbo2.jpg

v8turbo3.jpg

Dude, I love reading this thread and looking at all the pretty work that you do...

also, I do have a stock hood off of my 260Z, A cowl hood from my 240Z (needs to be touched up a bit) Or a hood off of my 280Z without the hood louvers. Let me know if you're interested we can work something out.

No sure, soon I hope.

I started building the intercooler piping for the car. I picked up 5 feet of straight 3 inch aluminum pipe and 2 slivers of solid 3 inch to cap the original intercooler inlets. I'm routing the pipe into the back of each end tank. I primarily used 15 degree cuts so that 2 put together the would equal 30 degrees. I did this in an attempt to keep the bends smoother. The u bend coming off of the turbo on the hot side of the intercooler is mild steel to accommodate the blow off valve flange that is steel. You will also notice in the pictures I got the rest off the exhaust installed. I also got the bumper cut and remounted.

Intercoolerpipe1.jpg

Intercoolerpipe2.jpg

Intercoolerpipe3.jpg

Intercoolerpipe4.jpg

Intercoolerpipe5.jpg

That looks really nice. I like your mounting bracket too. I already cut up my intercooler so I'm going to stay my course.

Alright guys I would like your input. I'm really on the fence between 2 brake set ups.

The vented 300zx w/ toy calipers

$445 for a 10.8 inch rotor

or

The AZC kit

$790 for the 12.2 inch rotor

What are other higher powered z's running? Does any one know the actual weight difference? I have read that the azc need to be shimmed, do the 300zx need to be?

I found this thread so far but would still like input.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=146171

Go with the AZ Zcar parts, you'll be much happier in the end.

With the amount of power you're going to be making it you'll have piece of mind when stomping the WOAH pedal. Don't sweat the shimming, just have the rotors turned (slightly) after installing the hats on them, I had no problem with mine.

Test fitting the hood to make sure everything clears.

hoodon1.jpg

hoodon2.jpg

hoodon3.jpg

I hooked up my breather/catchcan setup. I'm running a line from each valvecover and a line from the valley cover. Two 5/8 lines and one 3/8 hose. I also hooked up the tps sensor and wired in one of my sqc boost solenoids as a idle air control valve. In an attempt to keep the engine bay looking cleaner I'm running 3 lines off the bottom of the edelbrock elbow. They go to the IACV, intake air temp, & blow off valve.

breathercan1.jpg

breathercan2.jpg

iacv.jpg

underedelbrock.jpg

I got the new blow off valve flange/pipe welded, painted and installed. Here is a picture of the ams-1000 boost controller solenoids. I just finished reading the manual and this thing is wicked!

bov1.jpg

bov2.jpg

boostcontroller.jpg

The coolant lines are installed. I was chasing my tail on this one. I had one line I couldn't install because the compressor housing was in the way. I pulled it off, installed the line then couldn't get it back on. Finally I loosened the turbo bracket and undid the exhaust. I was so sad. But I got it all in there now. 2 steps back to get 1 step forward. It's almost there now. I got the engine oil in, the trans fluid is good to go. I need to get the intercooler back on, fill the coolant, gas tank, check the rear diff, and hookup a couple more wires inside the car.

waterlines.jpg

waterlines2.jpg

almost.jpg