HybridZ

Nice Hood Carroll

johnc

I wonder if that was true back in the day too? Now imagine that cost on the original 60's King of the Road parts today hmmm.

Growing up my friends dad found a '68 GT500 KR in a barn in WV before they moved to Florida. Long story short he had it restored and in early '90s sold it in the $60Ks. It was Ford Corporate yellow (x amount made in that color), C5, 428CJ (obvious).

Those things go for millions almost 20 years later.... ahhhh :willy_nil

Guest Rolling Parts

Take the $31K in damage estimates from insurance and get the Mustang bodywork professionally done for $5k. Oh wait, that's probably the reason that the insurance company is choking on writing such a big check on the car parts in the first place!

Maybe the whole issue with sending in old parts is to guarantee to that insurance company that those parts are genuine and were definitely and verifiability swapped out at those nose-bleed prices?

Wow...you know what I could do to my Z for 30,000? EVERYTHING!

I like this quote from that board.

"I don't own a Shelby vehicle. I have no desire to own a Shelby vehicle. I don't envy those of you who DO own a Shelby vehicle. The Ford vehicles I do own piss me off to no end."

I'm not a Ford fan, more of a MOPAR (Fiat...I want to gag) guy when it comes to American cars, but boy is it funny (and cool) to hear a Ford fan talking smack about there own manufacturer. I guess it's true with any car though...I love my Z but I think it's a love/hate relationship. If it's not broke, I'm in a mad rush to fix it before it dose!

Back in my Saturn Dealership days, we'd send bumper fascias back to Saturn as cores when they were damaged. The reason for it was ostensibly to keep the parts out of the aftermarket and prevent them from being able to take molds of the parts. It seemed like kind of a reach to me, but that's what we were told.